This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, June 13, 2005

More Sanibel Photos

Today I do not feel like ranting. Or raving. Or even thinking. So this can mean only one thing!

MORE SANIBEL PHOTOS!!!

To answer a few questions, I do not live here. I just get to use the place once a year for a week.

When I was 4 or 5, my parents fell for a "free vacation" offer. All they had to do was listen to a sales pitch. Well, it must have been one hell of a pitch because my dad bought it. So, for the past 25 or 26 years I have gone to the same apartment on Sanibel Island during the third week of July.

I once calculated the internal rate of return on the investment, based on the inital payment and 25 years of maintence fees VS the cost of just renting a week every year from the resort office (the current posted rate in the room is $1500 - $2500 per week, depending on the time of year. Winter cost more, our week goes for about $1800). But the calculation left out one thing that is impossible to figure in - the value of the vacation itself. So what did we learn? The IRR function is not the end all it is billed as being.

The timeshare is not really mine per say, my dad does actually own it and pay the maintence fees. But if they are not there, it becomes my private crash pad. And if they are there - it is still a nice pad to hang out at.

Just look at the view from the screen porch! Much beer has been consumed on this porch.


My Porch Posted by Hello

8 Comments:

Blogger Tom & Icy said...

That looks and sounds so great! I remember seeing an episode of South Park where the salesmen gave a hell of a sales pitch for a time share vacation. But it looks like you did really good. When I first started reading, I thought you were going to say your folks lived up North and came down for a vacation and went back, but you have been there ever since. Just joking. Love your blog!

07:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, if you get a chance, click on my name here and just take a quick peek at how I designed that page with that background and the links that change colors. Woof! I'm a hacking hound!

07:49  
Blogger dddragon said...

what a nice view! not a bad place to go to. My FIL had a chance to buy property in Stone Harbor, NJ, but didn't do it. Boy, do we wish he had! We could've sold it can bought property on Sanibel!! lol

07:58  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

That looks like a wonderful place to consume beer!

08:59  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Great view! I think you could be quite happy there with the cats and iguana.

I am raving today on the U.S. and its policies towards Africa.

09:46  
Blogger TLP said...

Oooooh, looks so very nice! Wish I were there.

12:43  
Blogger thc said...

Not too shabby!

22:25  
Blogger Lila said...

*sigh* I want to go...

23:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home