This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Loose Ends

This will be a post about nothing, only it will use a bunch of words. So brace yourself! Not even I know where this post will go!

First off, there is a banner at the top of my blog. It is for Wampi the cat. Clicking the banner will take you to the "Save Wampi" blog, where you can read the saga of the cat. You can help by clicking some of the ads, or by making a donation to the vet bill fund. Wampi's banner will remain on my blog for as long as I feel like keeping it there.

Next order of business. MARINA UPDATE! As some of you may know, I declared war on automatic pay stations at County boat ramps. I spoke to the Parks Department Marina Operations Manager on Friday. She informed me that the machines are part of a pilot program and that none of them were purchased (I accused the parks department of buying the machines because some administrator's relative was trying to sell them). She was adament that the machines ARE popular, and that I was the lone wacko to complain about them. I told her that she is obviously NOT a boat owner, that she does NOT use the ramps, and that she needs to go to one of the pilot marinas and ask people what they think. I asked if the department had any intention of conducting a user survey, and the answer was no. So how will the pilot program be evaluated? I did not get an answer. And what if the machines malfunction? Too bad. Here was the answer "If the machine takes your money but fails to print out a ticket you either try another machine, go home, or park and get a $40 citation".

What I would love to do is get a bunch of metal coins the same size and weight as the golden dollar coins, have them all stamped with "These machines suck", and then hand them out for free at the boat ramp. THAT would get my point across to them. Or get an angry mob together armed with mullet. Pelt the Parks Department administration building with dead bait.

I also created a blog poll! Vote early and often!





Hurricane Dennis did not hit Miami OR Sanibel Island. My vacation is still on. It looks like Mobile Alabama is going to get it this time. If you live near Mobile, I hope you are ready for this one. It will roll in as a category 3 or 4 storm.


5 Comments:

Blogger sleepybomb said...

even tho dennis has passed, i still think yer gonna need the meds. . . .
thanks for the tag, and it looks to be a rough year.
keep 'em flying . . .

01:53  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I do not live in a flood zone, my house sits a few feet above sea level so the flood waters go somewhere else. I am too far inland for the storm surge to get me. So long as the winds do not rip off the roof I will be OK in any storm.

02:28  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

That sucks about the response you got regarding the green machines. Perhaps you could post a sign near the machine that tells the other boaters who they can address their complaints to and how to get in touch with them. If they get enough negative feedback on their "pilot" program maybe they'll change their tune.

If they won't let you post a sign you could always print out the info and stick it on the windshields of the boater's trucks.

08:40  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Typical government entity. They do not even know how to evaluate the machines!!! Arrgghh!!!

11:45  
Blogger TLP said...

Glad the storm missed your island.

22:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home