This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

The Power Of An Angry Mob

First, it is hurricane update time! Here is the latest image blah blah blah.



As you can see, the yellow area shifted ever so slightly to the EAST. I am not at all worried about the thing hitting Miami, but I am getting more concerned about Sanibel Island. If this stupid ass storm hits MY ISLAND just 1 week before MY VACATION, I am going to be pissed off.

For the next storm, if I get my act together I will have The Lazy Iguana Hurricane WEBCAM going! You too will be able to take part in the excitment of the whole thing. I would love to place a webcam in the Home Depot and the supermarket.

Anyway, now to the REAL post of the day. Actionbell posted on her blog that some weasels voted a pay raise - for them. It seems that the weasels in the Pennsylvania Senate are making some pretty good scratch. Close to $100,000 per year plus all sorts of nifty benefits.

First, I can not help but to smile. At least it is NOT Florida this time. Somehow, this makes me feel better.

But the main question is "what can we do about it?" Well, I have a few ideas.

A few years ago, the City Of Miami pissed off a bunch of people in Dade County. In fact, you might have heard something about this on the news. It was November 29, 1999 when a raft was discovered off the coast of Florida. Not really news, but this was no ordinary raft! This raft had one Elian Gonzalez aboard. Then all hell broke loose.

The child's mother died at sea. The child's father was still in Cuba. The Miami family (all extended family of the mother) decided that the kid should stay here. The father, who even by US law would have custody of his child wanted him back.

So in walks the Miami Mayor. He says that Miami police will NOT assist federal authorities in any way.

What did people in Dade County do? We pelted City Hall with bananas.


The bananas were a symbol. Miami had become a full fledged banana republic. I had a delivery job at the time, and happened to be close to Miami City Hall when I learned about the protest. So I bought some bananas, and drove there in the company van. The cops were directing traffic. I was able to drive up to the hall, chuck my bananas out the window, then drive off. It was great.

Afterwords, the bananas were rounded up and sent off to the homeless refuge and the zoo.

The next day, the other mayors of cities in Dade County (who the day before were standing with the Miami mayor) ALL BACKED AWAY FROM LOCO JOE! They did not want their city hall pelted as well.

My point? Sometimes there just has to be an angry mob to get your point across. One pissed off person is easy to arrest. But thousands of pissed off people throwing fruit at a government building transends a crime and becomes an excersize in free speech.

So there you go Actionbell. My advice is to find other pissed off people and join their angry mob. Converge somewhere, and pelt a building with some kind of fruit. It gets your point across.

And let me know when and where. I have some bananas left, along with my pitchfork and torch.

If people sit back and do nothing, then nothing is what they get in return. Except of course for the broomstick up the rear end, without any lubrication.

9 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

So now you're proposing drive-by fruitings. Will the insanity never end?

07:25  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

...hold on...I think I have some grapes in the back of my fridge...

07:26  
Blogger Fred said...

I'll contribute the tomatoes and yogurt. The yogurt is cool; you can put it in zip locks and they'll explode on impact. Nice and messy.

08:54  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

LOL...Drive by fruitings, saur, might very well be a sane course of action!

09:00  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

Ouch...broomsticks! Okay, I don't want that! I've got some strawberries and a couple of apples. I'll be right there. Do we bring our own pitchfork or will they be provided?

09:42  
Blogger TLP said...

Actually a VERY good idea! ActonBell is a quiet soul, but dddragon and I are rowdy. I wonder if I can get my church to go along.

Don't laugh. We're all Unitarians you know.

11:23  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Do it! Lets see the police tear gas a "church group". That ought to make for some good headlines.

17:36  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You banana pelter you!
You got me laughing!
I hope Hurricane Dennis doesn't pack too big of a punch.

18:45  
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

That looks awful scary to me! How can you be so calm cool and collected about it?

00:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home