This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Gulf Coast Disaster

The worst case senario has happened. New Orleans has sunk. Coastal Mississippi has also sunk. Entire cities are gone. It is total devistation.

They have started to paint homes with dead bodies inside with a red X. Gas and oil, and who knows what other chemicals, have leaked into the flood waters. There are dead bodies and animals in the water, along wiht untold amounts of raw sewage.

IF the people are not taken out of there soon, disease will spread. Disentary and Chloera will kill many people. The death toll of this storm is going to reach thousands.

SOMEONE needs to answer to the public here. WHY are there no services for all the people? Where is the National Guard? Where is the US Navy? Only the Navy has the equipment to move the people out over the water. Where is the Air Force? They have choppers and airlift equipment. AMERICANS IN AMERICA need that stuff right now!!

But it is all in Iraq. You know, keeping us safe from weapons that were never there. Helping to set up another Islamic State and start another Civil War, just to secure $3/gallon gasoline and record profits for some companies (companies who happen to have connections to the people who wanted the war in the first place).

This is a criminal act. When the Guard was activated to send overseas - people said that this could happen. A large natural disaster could occur, and recovery efforts would be hampered by the lack of assets here. The war-for-oil side said it would not happen.

Well, it happened. And right now, people are suffering and possibly dieing. People are in desperate need of rescue and support services. And the people that COULD BE doing these things are somewhere else.

But will any media outlet bring this up? No. Will the president say anything? No. All I have seen so far is a LIE about the numbers of National Guard available. Supposedly, there are 31,000 National Guardsmen in the three states hit the hardest - but only 10,000 have been activated. This does NOT compute! Why have only 1/3 been activated? Is the disaster not big enough for full activation?

This is very upsetting to me. All over the TV all I see from that area is 100% human misery. Yes, people are trying to do the best they can - I already mentioned that I think the US Coast Guard is doing an EXCELLENT JOB! Of course, I would expect nothing less from the Coast Guard. Whenever something water related happens, the USCG is always there to render help.

But this rescue mission is bigger than the USCG. They simply do not have enough assets for the sheer scale of the damage. I am shure it is very stressfull for the Coasties who are trained to rescue people - having to pick and choose who to rescue. I can not imagine what it must be like to have to make that choice.

So Mr. President. How about an answer to this question. Why is the Guard not available to do the job they train for, but in Iraq doing front line stuff that they do not normally train for?

This really is a criminal action. People, AMERICAN CITIZENS, are not getting the help they need because that support was diverted away from the States.

Sorry, but I am pissed off at the government right now.

17 Comments:

Blogger dddragon said...

I've had MSNBC on all day (home w/ the plumbers, what fun). They brought up the issue of National Guard and Reservists being away when they could be here to help with the disaster. I was listening from the next room and wish I could remember the reporter and the person being interviewed. He said that there were enough Guard from neighboring states to help and that they would not have needed the numbers that are overseas.

Our military is stretched too thin. And BRAC wants to cut back even more.

13:37  
Blogger Econo-Girl said...

This Katrina disaster is really upsetting to me. How awful it must be for the residents. Heart-wrenching. Is there any way of rebuilding from the damage? Who is going to insure it? It could all happen again next year.

14:48  
Blogger Fred said...

It reminds of of the response to Hurricane Andrew. Slow at best. But, once they got it going, it came on strong. I hope the same happens here.

20:54  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

You're right, it is heart breaking. I'm really pissed off too. I obviously don't know everything there is to know about this sort of operation but 10K is nowhere near enough troops to handle this situation.

I just saw a report on CNN where they were talking to a nurse on the ground in New Orleans. She said that all her patients are sitting in their own feces and that the medical personell are getting sick now too. It isn't just injuries anymore. It is disease from filth. They were told they would be evacuated on Monday, then Tuesday, now Wednesday has come and gone and they are still sitting there trying to save these people's lives while they themselves are ill.

21:15  
Blogger Lila said...

Huh. Good point. I have to admit, I hadn't thought of that angle. Geez. That's really pathetic.

21:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's also acceptable to use everything at your disposal. There's a lot to newport beach home equity loans and none of us can be expected to know everything about it. So - I'm sure you'll agree The Lazy Iguana - if you can 'bring in the cavalry' when you need to, it can be a real big help.

10:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi The Lazy Iguana: I came here looking for information on ice fishing equipment and found your post on this post. Although it's not quite the information I was looking for, I appreciate the chance to have a read. I'll definately be checking back in. I'm off to look for more resources for ice fishing equipment. If you have any more great suggestions, please post them here and I'll come back to check. Thanks again!

18:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this post was what caught my attention. I was just out browsing around today looking for information on ice fishing, and happened accross your blog. Although it's not completely related to ice fishing, it certainly made me stop and ponder. Thanks for the great read The Lazy Iguana...I'll be back.

10:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on a nice blog The Lazy Iguana. I was searching for information on contact lenses and came across your post this post - not quite what I was looking for related to contact lenses but very interesting all the same!

We're all getting ready for Christmas and it will soon be another year. I hope to be completing my studies in opthalmology in 2006 which includes a thesis on upcoming contact lens technology and improved eye health. I'm also planning to take a course on the excima laser, which should be fun.

If you do have a moment, please take a look at my new site on: Contact Lens Reviews .

A merry Christmas to you and yours! Amon

23:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi The Lazy Iguana: I came here looking for information on ice fishing tip and found your post on this post. Although it's not quite the information I was looking for, I appreciate the chance to have a read. I'll definately be checking back in. I'm off to look for more resources for ice fishing tip. If you have any more great suggestions, please post them here and I'll come back to check. Thanks again!

10:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is not a spam on your blog. I have been searching for portable treadmill stuffs and came across your blog. Some good stuff you have. Just sharing what I have build. Go to portable treadmill and give me some comments too.

12:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ich habe eine harte Zeit connecticut eye laser surgery heraus darstellend.Toodle-oo, Adrian connecticut eye laser surgery

20:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog you have. Hey if you or a friend
are looking for cool products or gift ideas
then see what I found surfing around.
Great info on As seen on tv music.
Check it out when you get a chance.
As seen on tv music

00:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my wild bird supplies and feeders site.
Have a good day!

02:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my stocks to buy site.
Have a great day!

23:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an excellent blog. Keep it going.You are providing
a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my ball placement for cowboy billiards site.
Have a great week!

17:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a agent paris airline malaysian travel site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

00:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home