This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Monday Part 1

It is Monday. It is 1:09 AM. I suppose I should sleep, but as it turns out this is not going to happen. I should not have slept till 1:30 PM on Sunday.

I hope to get the call that part 1 of the background check is finished in about 8 hours. Then I can drive to the phantom building to pick up more paperwork and sign an offer letter.

Then the fun begins! The County will require a physical exam. Blood will be extracted, x-rays will be taken, some kind of treadmill will be used, and all sorts of other things. A treadmill? What am I, some kind of gerbil?

Seriously, I do not know about the treadmill. But I have a friend who has held two County jobs - once with Corrections and once with Parks And Recreation. The corrections department job was law enforcement, the parks job was fairly low level. Both required a similar physical. The procedure took 2 days. I could be in for the same thing. I will not know what will be involved until I am given "the packet". Anything the government does requires "the packet". Public sector employees will know what I am talking about. The thicker "the packet" is, the more stuff I will have to do.

But this is OK, I suppose. I want this job, and if I have to loose some blood that is just the way it is. It is just that I do not like needles. Or empty vials that need to be filled with my blood. What does my blood have to do with the airport anyway? Am I being hired by Dracula or Dade County?

But there is also a positive side to all this. I have not seen a doctor since my wisdom teeth had to be removed - about 10 or so years ago. I have been meaning to get a physical done, but you know how it is. Things like this are easy to put off. Besides, manly men do not see a doctor unless they have a power tool accident, drink too much beer and tell their friends to "Watch this guys! This will be cool!", or try to get into the record books by doing something that involves a motorcycle.

So anyway, free doctor visit! Free! I do not have to pay anything! Except maybe for parking at the hospital, but that is not a problem. Free doctor! Always have to look for the good stuff.

And if I do have to get on a treadmill, I am going to request a water bottle. And some plastic tubes I can crawl through. And woodchips. Lots and lots of woodchips. Ceader, not pine. And I want to watch TV while I am on the thing. And afterwords, I want a soda - extra fizzy.

If things go well, and there is no reason for me to expect anything will not go well, I could start late this week or early next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger GodlessMom said...

You are so right about manly men not going to the doctor! What the heck is that all about? I can't get my hubby to go to the doctor for anything!

I would recommend going with the pine wood chips though, cedar can cause respiratory problems in treadmill-bound mammals. :)

11:41  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Why is that, I wonder? Men and their pensies?

Just kidding.


I hope everythign turns out well for you.

12:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home