This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, September 02, 2005

News Strike

The whole hurricane thing is so upsetting that I am back on news strike. I will not watch ANY MORE FOOTAGE. I will NOT be part of the whole "lets profit off dead bodies floating in the streets" thing. I refuse to take part in this insanity.

I urge everyone else to do the same thing. There is reporting the news, and there is exploiting misery for fun and profit.

And a special message for CNN's very own Rick Sanchez. JUST FUCKING DIE ALREADY YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF HUMAN WASTE! I hope you get disentary and shit yourself to death, and then I hope Fox News films your dead body while Bill O'Reily makes comments about how terrible it is. And by the way Rick, that guy you RAN OVER when you were a reporter in Miami is still dead! Why dont you report on that? You know, as an update for the CNN viewers. You turd.

I can not post about this subject anymore. It is too stressful for me. It is almost like the federal government WANTS the people flooded out to die. It would be cheaper after all, dead people will not file for benefits or ask for relocation funds. It is terrible to think this way, but what else am I supposed to conclude given the evidence I have?

Rescue missions are going to become body recovery missions soon, if not already.

And why? Because FEMA, under the great leader we have now, changed its focus from things like hurricanes to shit far less likely to happen, like a dirty bomb. It is now out that FEMA drills for things just like what happened were either scrapped entirely OR had to scale back the budgets to the point where the excersises were useless.

And now people are paying the price. Last year, Florida was hit with 5 named storms. FIVE. And did the government, under Bush, learn anything? Did they decide to take the threat of what they knew could happen seriously? Did they at least devlop a rough draft for a plan? How about we get Tom Ridge back to create a new color coded alert system? That would at least be something.

But nothing was done. No plans were made. And I want to know why. I know the excuse will be a big pile of bullshit, but I want to hear it anyway. Humor me. Who will they blame it on? Al Gore? Clinton? Terrorists? Saddam Hussien? South American Drug Cartels? Castro? Yellow Cake Uranium in Niger? Or will it be the fault of the "liberal media who only wants to show the bad things for political reasons"? Come on Mr. President, tell us that positive things are being accomplished on the Gulf Coast, but the media will not report it. Then tell us the same lie about the Middle East. It is all good.

See, I have done it again. My blood pressure is back up again.

Tomorrow I will TRY to post about something else.

8 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Yes. Everyone's blood pressure is being affected by Katrina.

Can you imagine if this disaster had occurred in Texas? Bush says that the reaction is not acceptable, but neither is his reaction. What kind of a President would wait almost 6 days to visit such a ravaged area.

I am completely sickened by this government and its failure to care about the citizens of this country anymore.

13:01  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

I feel exactly the same way. I am disgusted and I'm just waiting for the spin machine. Those poor people!

15:03  
Blogger TLP said...

Yep. It's piss-poor.

But I am married to someone who watches CNN pretty much 24/7 all year.

And here I am having trouble with my access to blogs. I could use the sh*tty news as an excuse to stay on-line.

16:03  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Yup. I talked about it in my answers to yesterday's blog. I agree that the government did not plan for it and is doing a crappy job handling it.

I wish I had your self-control about the news, though. I agree that they're like a bunch of vultures, breathlessly waiting for the next tragedy. They're hoping to catch someone dying that moment, and will be disappointed if they can't. But, I still watch occasionally...

18:24  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Oh, I meant that I spoke about it all in the posts in my blog yesterday. I did a sort of addendum in there that went into some detail as to where I think it's gone wrong. It didn't sound so clear when I re-read my post here.

18:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I put forth that FEMA and the Department of Homeland Security took all its funds and smoked it. If FEMA spent its money preparing for a response to a terrorist act they never considered an attack on the New Orleans levis? If New Orleans had been hit by a dirty weapon how would they have responded? 5 days later? If South Korea inaved the Missississippe delta would they have a week to f shit up before they troop responded?

08:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

09:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

04:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home