This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Stuff To Do

Recently, and for no good reason, I decided to try to cut meat out of my diet.

Not totally of course. This is simply not going to happen. But do I need to eat red meat every friggin day? Probably not. Will it kill me to eat more iguana and rabbit food? Probably not, but then again who knows.

All this started sometime last week. I went to eat at some Indian place (not woo-woo-woo indian, but India indian). Most of the menu at the Indian place was vegetarian, with some meat dishes. The first time I went to this place, I had some meat dish featuring lamb or goat or some other non-cow or pig critter. It was very good.

So this time, I figured I would try something else. That something else I ordered was some sort of veggie-curry concoction, with chunks of tofu added for good measure. It was not bad. In fact, it was actually very good.

So I decided what the hell. I might as well try to eat less animal protien. It will be a challenge. So last Friday was meatless. And so was Saturday. I did not feel any better, or worse, but here is what I did notice.

I did not have to strike a match when I used the toilet. It was not totally stink free, shit will never smell like lilacs blooming in the spring - but the stink did not peel the paint off the walls either.

This alone might make the whole experiment worthwhile.

My plan from here on out is pretty simple. First, I quit eating meat for lunch at work. I bring in frozen macaroni and cheese dinners to nuke. I started this because the other frozen dinners are terrible. When I get food at the airport, I can just go for pizza. Plain pizza is edible, and I do like shrooms and onions and stuff. I can also get fresh fruit salad at a few places. There is other stuff too.

When I am not at work, I will cut back on the red meat. Not totally give it up, just cut back. This means less steak and more soy. Tofu is really not that bad if you prepare it properly. I need to unlock the secret of the curry sauce.

The good thing about this is that I can continue to drink beer.

5 Comments:

Blogger Econo-Girl said...

Don't forget to eat nuts also. Great source of protein. And cheese and eggs. Yogurt is good, too. Good Luck!

06:48  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

Congrats on your less-stinky poop! :) LOL!

The hormones and stuff in meat make me nervous. I try to avoid processed stuff, I'm not always successful but I do feel better when I manage it.

10:04  
Blogger TLP said...

Peanut butter is a good source of protein.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I do not eat meat at each meal by any means. I love fruit and veggies.

20:25  
Blogger Lila said...

Good for you! I'm a vegetarian myself. Yes, there are a few benefits...

23:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you drink milk? Try soy milk instead of cow milk. If you don't like the regular flavor try the vanilla. The fat in soy milk is the kind that is actually GOOD for you. You can get mixed vegies and rice at the Cuban place near concoure D when at the airport.

23:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home