This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Creepy Mascots

This guy creeps me out.


Seriously, who was the genius that decided to put some guy in a creepy costume in order to sell more hamburgers? I would think that a guy wearing the Burger King costume would scare the piss out of small children. Teens would think the guy is a dork. I would bet that teens would have more respect for the guy standing on the corner wearing a chicken costume trying to drum up business for a dry cleaner or something.

The reason why I have guns is in case I wake up, and some creepy guy in a Burger King mask is looking in my window. Even with his sandwich offer, there would be one less idiot on the planet.

And is it just me, or does that costume scream CHILD MOLESTER. I think I would feel safer sending a child off with Michael Jackson. Well, maybe not. I would have to think about that one.

So, do you think the marketing campaign is working? I do not think it is. Yet, more and more commercials are being produced. The marketing goons at BK just do not get it. The whole campaign is worse than the demonic Quiznos hamster like creatures.


9 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

YES! I have been saying this all along. What is UP with that creepy mascot?

I can't imagine it's helping sales. But, Marketing 101 taught us that sometimes annoying ads are effective. In this case it's not funny-annoying, though (like the Ernest commercials of the 80s). It's not even despicable-annoying. It's just a cross between really stupid and really ...well, the best word you hit on was creepy.

I had the same thoughts when I first saw the commercials. "Git me a gun, maw. There's a freak outside the winder."

07:15  
Blogger TLP said...

Well, it creeps me out for sure. It doesn't work on me. But I've decided that ads and come-ons are never aimed at me. I'm off the rader as a consumer. Too old maybe? Funny thing is that at almost 64 I have more energy than most young people, plus I have money to spend now, which while we were raising four kids and then sending them all to college, we didn't have.

08:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they came up with anti-stalker laws for creeps like that. The ad makes me think the guy is gay. He shows up in some guys bed, looks in guys windows, etc. Never once was he looking in the girls showers.

08:25  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

YES! The "wake up with the king" ad was a bit homo-erotic. They should use that commercial to warn of the dangers of drinking too much or something.

08:55  
Blogger Lissette said...

I hate those commericals! Truely, and you're right, if some creepy guy in a get-up like his was looking in my window when I wake up in the morning, there would be one less creepy guy on the streets, especially since Florida passed that law that says I can use lethal force if I feel threatened and not get in trouble for it.

12:38  
Blogger Raph said...

Hahaha, that reminds me of a post I did months ago.

I can't believe that BK is still airing these commercials! I'm sure they've received a sizeable amount of feedback by now. Or perhaps not as many people feel this way about the King....

15:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://algjkrys.com/shgt/aakk.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ftujxhnh.com/mtjg/yjhd.html]Cool site[/url]

15:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

15:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://algjkrys.com/shgt/aakk.html | http://kzevwejv.com/uvjo/ohky.html

15:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home