This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, February 24, 2006

I Think I Drank Too Much

I might have overdone the drinking last night. The blogger post editor does not look the same. Either it was changed, or I burned off one too many brain cells.

Not that I am too worried. I have brain cells to spare. Drinking only kills off the weak brain cells - leaving more room for the healthy ones. Then again, I *AM* watching Spongebob Squarepants on the TV right now. Maybe I nuked some of the healthy strong brain cells along with the weak and infirm ones.

But I can probably spare a few brain cells. Even with half my brain on vacation, I think I would still be smarter than most of the idiots living in Miami.

My evidence? Come to Miami and rent a car. Drive around for an hour or so. Not only will at least a dozen people try to kill you - but you will see a LOT of dumb stuff. Like today when I was going to work. Some jackass in a blue car was spotted by me going THE WRONG WAY down an expressway entrance ramp. I guess he decided to get off the highway, because traffic was not really moving that well (someone else had done something stupid a few miles away and had traffic stopped up like a toilet at the all you can eat buffet). So he turned an entrance ramp into his own personal exit ramp. If I were a cop, I would have not only pulled the guy over but I would have beat the crap out of him, planted drugs and a gun in the car, and had the guy arrested. For being stupid. And for trying to kill other people who were using the entrance ramp properly.

And today when I was waiting for the shuttle bus to take me to the garage I get to use at work, some jackass with delusions of greatness decided that he could just ignore the signs all over the airport saying "NO PARKING, STOPPING, OR STANDING" in the loading/unloading zone. You see, he was driving an $80,000 hardtop convertible V-12 Mercedes! Rules do not apply to him! So I had a good laugh watching the tow truck haul the car away. I wanted to be there when the guy came back to where he left his car so I could point and laugh, but the bus arrived before that could happen. It was not worth waiting for the next bus just to laugh at an ass plug.

Idiots and assholes. The population of Miami summarized in two words. There are some exceptions, but not many.

Now that I got THAT out of my system, I can continue.

I will NOT go to work on Saturday. I took the day off. I have to burn off my hurricane administrative leave time, before I loose it. I have 6 months to use administrative leave. So I asked for Saturday off.

This means....ISLAMARADA MARINE FLEA MARKET TIME! Who knows what sort of crazy crap I will end up walking home with. What I "need" is a small anchor, no more than 2 pounds, for my new kayak. I could also use a small sea anchor for my new kayak. What is the difference in an anchor and a sea anchor you ask? Why would I need both?

An "anchor" is a metal thing attached to some chain and nylon rope. The chain is very important, for it allows the anchor line to lie flat on the bottom, which helps the anchor dig in properly, and also prevents sharp rocks and stuff from cutting your line. The anchor holds you firmly in place.

A "sea anchor" is a thing you deploy off the stern (back) of a boat while drifting. It functions exactly like a parachute, and slows your rate of drift. You need both, depending on what kind of fishing you are doing. I plan to fish from the kayak.

I could also use a bunch of other stuff for my kayak. Like a suction cup mount 360 degree (all around) white stern light. US Coast Guard navigation rules state that a paddle operated craft MUST display one all around white light at night. I do not need the red and green running lights. I do not plan to be out at night, but it could happen. And if it does, I need that light. So I will look for one. I also want to get a CO2 powered life jacket. The inflatable life jackets are much more comfortable to wear than a foam jacket. When you do not need them to help you float, they are thin, lightweight, and do not trap body heat. But when you pull that "inflate" handle, they instantly fill with CO2 and keep you floating. Very nice to have. So I will look for one of these.

I have all the other safety gear I need already. What gear will I carry? All the same stuff I would carry on my 18 footer minus the fire extinguisher. This means the flare gun, smoke signals, water dye, distress flag - all that I will carry with me. I also keep a roll of aluminum foil on board, because in an emergency you simply grab the foil and unroll it over the back of the boat. You then have a LONG shiny trail behind you - which makes it easy for the nice people in the rescue chopper to find you. I can use the flare gun to SHOOT AT powerboats that try to run me over. Safety begins with me after all.

So stay tuned! Full updates on the crazy crap I buy tomorrow!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lila said...

Uh oh, your second drunken post in a row!

Yes, use that leave time -- you don't want to lose it! Have a great time at the flea market and such. Sounds like fun.

11:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO MORE BEER FOR YOU! or wine for that matter....

15:27  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Many of my roots are based in Ireland. I am a professional.

Do not try this at home.

22:08  
Blogger Lissette said...

I couldn't agree with you more! Driving in Miami is like a suicide mission. Make sure you haver really good insurance because you're family will need it once that really old guy driving and 80's oldsmobile and can't see over the steering wheel freaks out, takes a red light because he got scared and plows right into you and the building behind you.

22:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home