This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Last Day For This Year!

Today (Tuesday) is my last day for this little mini-vacation on Sanibel Island. I will be back next year - so it really is not that bad.

My friend from Lakeland had to leave early Monday afternoon. Some people have to be back at work today. I do not. I get to go back to work on Wednesday.

But the time I was able to spend with my friend was worth the trek across the State for! I went to eat at some places I would otherwise would not have gone to. And I went to a Fossil Factory Outlet store and got a new wallet. The factory outlet shops were not my idea, as I do not really need a matching wallet for a Coach purse. But I found some stuff there anyway. Not at the Coach store. The wallets at the Coach store were all $70. If I bought one of those, I would have nothing left to put into the wallet and therefore no reason to have one.

After my friend had to leave, I was left to my own devices. So I lugged out the yellow kayak for the first time this trip. Beach launching the thing is easy - but using the thing takes some effort. You see, YOU are the motor! If you want the kayak to move, YOU have to find a way to push on water. I can use the paddles, or the Mirage Drive. With the paddles, my arms and upper body get to move the thing. Under the Mirage Drive my legs move the boat.

The sail kit lets the wind move you, but for it to work there has to be wind. But not too much wind because the kayak is too narrow.

But I am leery about going into the water anyway. At the boat ramp there was a dead manatee. It was not chopped up by a boat, so the likely cause was RED TIDE. This year the red tide is pretty bad. Almost every morning there are dead fish on the beach. Charter fishing boats report the bottom is dead out to 25 miles. Of course to a charter boat skipper "dead to 25 miles" does not mean there are NO fish at all - it means that there are not enough fish to make customers feel like they at least had an honest chance to catch something.

The bicycle is still locked up downstairs. It is probably not going to get used.

I have totally neglected to charge the digital camera, so there are no photos. I may try to fix this when the sun is up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Sounds like you had fun. I can't wait to see the pics. I'm so sorry to hear of the manatee. That would've broken my heart.

22:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home