This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Will Probably Buy One Of These Things

I am bored. And when I am bored, I look for stuff to buy in order to have fun! So here are some things I am looking at.


This is a Sea-Doo GTX Limited personal water craft. This is a bad mama-jama. Luxury performance and stuff. Here is a brief run down of what this thing packs.

215 horsepower supercharged intercooled Rotax 4-TEC engine.
closed loop engine cooling system. No seawater circulates in the engine - it uses standard automotive antifreeze.
33 gallons of dry storage.
Gauge panel has everything, including surface water temp and water depth.
built in holder thing for a Garmin GPS
800 pounds dry weight
15.9 gallon fuel tank

The bad part is that this thing demands premium unleaded fuel. It is supercharged after all. It will probably hit close to 70 mph on the water with only one rider and a light load of fuel. That is fast as shit. It is a little higher in price range than I would like it to be however.

So there is this thing!


This is just a mama-jama, without the bad part. It looks like the GTX Limited, but this is a GTI SE. Here are the important details

155 OR 130 horsepower Rotax 4-TEC engine.
Closed loop cooling system
13 gallons dry storage
15.9 gallon fuel tank, uses regular unleaded gas
747 pounds dry weight
no supercharger or intercooler.
Gauge panel lacks a depth sounder.
No cool thing to hold a Garmin GPS, but I could add this on myself.

This is a more likely candidate. The price difference in the 130 and 155 hp engine is not a whole lot, only a few hundred bucks. So I would likely get the 155 hp one.

The fun part is going to be pretending like I want to buy one NOW and scamming some test drives. Of course I will test drive the 215 HP beast - even if it is not likely I end up with that one.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

02:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the blue and yellow one....

when you're bored that means you need a girlfriend, and some old fashioned romance.

02:17  
Blogger Jenn said...

I wanna buy things when I am bored.

oh, and please explain, how fast?

hey, doozie is here..

02:18  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I like the blue and white one. But the blue and yellow one is less costly. I would be happy with it.

Emma - fast. Fast as me running with a bear running behind me. The GTX limited will hit at least 70 mph at full tilt. The GTI SE should hit 55 or 60 mph. Either way, these things are fast. I would probably ride with the learner key that limits engine RPM to a reasonable level.

07:48  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Myself, I want to buy a Carver. It is a three-wheeled vehicle that you steer like a car but it tilts on its axis so it rides like a motorcycle. They aren't available in the United States yet but I need to start some kind of internet scam so I can make enough money to buy one when they do become available.
My neighbor has a Sea-Doo which I think is fucking hilarious, considering that we live in a landlocked state and since we've been innundated by snow most of the winter, the Sea-Doo has been the Buried In Snow-Doo.

11:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you do indeed have a lot of problems with bear chasings...perhaps it is your axe cologne/deoderant?

11:29  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

CM - This is kind of strange, but the state with the highest percentage of boat owners is Arizona. A friggin desert state. I went there once and was amazed to see so many boats in driveways. There are probably more boat owners number wise in Florida or California, but as far as percentage of the state population goes - Arizona wins.

Badoozie - bears are always a problem. It could be because of the Axe products I use. I will have to experiment.

12:07  
Blogger Victoria said...

I always complain about water crafts--they make waves in the harbour that are a pain to sail over, particularly if there isn't any wind.
But really I'm jealous because I've never gotten to try one!

13:31  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

PWCs should follow all the same rules as any other motorboat. If they are causing waves in a no wake zone the water po po should move in and start handing out tickets.

They are a lot of fun to operate however.

16:38  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Those Seadoos are amazing fun.
Have a great weekend.
Take care, Meow

19:58  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

If I was a young stud like you I'd buy the super fast one. Why settle for less. They're both going to lose half their value once in the salt.

I did read an article a while back that I thought was pretty funny. This dude was riding one of those and hit a pelican, broke his neck and killed him. Wear a pelican warning whistle. I have a deer whistle on my vehicles.

20:21  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

SC- We had a guy ride one down the river, hit a cable and decapitated.

20:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most important thing to remember is your not having any fun until you get wet!

I would lean toward the GTX if it has the power to do those quick 180's. Some of the longer PWC lack some of the fun factor in the ability to do those spins that the original waverunner was famous for. The Sea-Doos are the Mercedes of the PWC market.

23:44  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Meow - they are fun!

Caiman - what is "super fast"? How fast do you want to go on the water? The supercharged sports model will probably do better than 70 mph. The skis that give a little bit smoother ride will probably hit 50 mph. Either one can be called "fast as shit". And most likely I will not get a 2007 model.

Fuzz - the things can be dangerous. Like anything else. But I will use it mostly in Biscayne Bay - there are no low hanging wires there.

Iam - I like the GTX too. I need to have at least ONE thing that has a supercharger!

07:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home