This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Clock Bullshit

Well I hope everyone remembered to fall back one hour last night. That is if you live in some stone age place that still does this crap.

What exactly is the point? I can not figure it out. Supposedly, it "saves energy". OK then. Explain how. Quick! How does it save energy? I know! According to the clocks, the sun stays up longer. OK fair enough. So why don't we just keep the clocks set one hour ahead of where they are set now? Somehow it saves energy in the summer but not in the winter?

I do not get it. But whatever. It is not my idea to screw with the clocks. Maybe it does save energy. Who knows. They say it does, so it must. Right?

However, I kind of like the fall back thing. It gets later faster. This is good if you are a night kind of person.

Another strange thing happened Sunday. It was actually a nice day! The air was nice and crisp and cool. And the skies were clear. It was ALMOST like the world was air conditioned today. Almost. When the sun went down it was awesome. It got cooler, and the skies remained clear. Really nice. It is barely November and already this is happening. I am holding out hope for a really nice winter season. If the cool dry air keeps up, then it will be Everglades season sooner rather than later. Awesome.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

You are right, the weather has been wonderful!

11:39  
Blogger Jenn said...

Traditionally, it was used by beer makers so they could sneak in an extra hour of a beer break every year.

Right?

Indiana, Hawaii, some of Alaska and all of Arizona have the right idea.

13:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have gas today, I find it unattractve and hope it stops soon

13:18  
Blogger Unknown said...

AZ doesn't participate in this bullshit. I loved it when I lived there..the only problem was remembering if CA was an hour ahead or on the same time as we were.

16:11  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Daisy - the weather has been nothing short of wonderful. I hope it holds up all winter and well into spring!

Emma - this is possible. Actually I think we "fall back" because years ago, it was a way to extend happy hour.

Doozie - you can give someone the "dutch oven". It is fun. Try it sometime.

16:12  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Dusty - AZ is nice. I was there once. There are clocks at the Hoover Dam that show AZ time and Nevada time. Nevada uses Pacific Time. Anyway both clocks were the same. I asked if one clock was broken. NO! They were both correct. AZ (the non-Navajo parts) do not do the change the clock shit. I wept for I knew I had left AZ and was not to return.

16:16  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well I don't know about the whole state of AZ, but the part around Phoenix doesn't change its time..and I found that to be a wonderful thing.

But it was a pain in the ass when I would call CA relatives and they would bitch me out for calling too early (6am) or too late (10pm) when we were on different time than they were.

Some folks just can't handle early or late phone calls..me, I can't handle changing all my friggin clocks twice a year.

16:24  
Blogger Unknown said...

And..I just heard that the pedestrian death rate triples after switching back our friggin clocks..on msnbc.

16:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lazy,

I couldn't figure out how to change the time on the clock on my desk, it's just crazy.

I love Arizona. I was thinking about retiring there. The wetbacks out there aren't nearly as violent as the blacks.

20:46  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Like emma say. Daughter in Tropical Paradise don't need to change tickie tockie.

21:00  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Dusty - I thought about your comments while driving tonight.

Krok - I was amazed at how many boats I saw in Arizona. Don't people know that place is a desert?

Fuzz - I do not want to change the clocks. But I always do.

22:52  
Blogger Jenn said...

Not-So-Lazy,
Lake Powell is a great place to go boating. It's touted as the largest man made lake. I don't think they take into account man-induced global warming. In that case, I think there are larger ones.

12:43  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Confucius say: "Daylight Savings Time is a Clock of Shit."

Ok, I know...Kill me now.

21:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home