This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Got More Stuff

EXCITING NEWS! I ordered the Aquapod 12 gallon HQI aquarium. The Aquapod is an "all in one" design, with a false back that includes an overflow and space to put filter media.

The HQI part means it comes with no top and a 70 watt metal halide lamp with a color temperature of 14,000 kelvins. The higher the color temperature, the cooler the light is. This means more blue. 10,000 kelvins is considered to be perfectly white. I think. So lower than 10,000 means more yellow / red and higher means more blue. 14,000 kelvins will simulate water at a depth of 10 to 15 feet. Perfect for a lot of stuff. 12 gallons with 70 watts of light means almost 6 watts per gallon - plenty of light for some fancy stuff. Like corals. When I set it up, most likely it will be saltwater. What the hell.

The tank has no canopy. It is an open design. I may get a glass lid for it to slow down evaporation. Or keep it open. Halide lights generate a lot of heat, but with no cover the heat will not be trapped.

Photos of the thing will be posted as soon as it arrives. I already know that a few modifications are needed. It will be fun to design the modifications.

So now I feel a little better about the death of the cell phone. I have insurance on the thing (I forgot that I had it) so I will be making a claim. The replacement phone I want will cost $150 after all the discounts and stuff. But I will try to get that lowered by making an insurance claim.

Depending on how much they give me for my claim - I will either retain the insurance or tell them to keep the claim offer, convert it to Mexican pennies, and cram it all up their ass. And of course drop all insurance. If all they offer is a measly $10 or $20 then what is the point? What the hell is the $3 or so a month for insurance for? I should at least get $100. At least. Maybe even enough to get the $150 phone for free.

I just love fighting with a company over insurance claims. Something tells me this is going to be a pain in my ass.

So I ordered the tank to make me feel better. I do feel a little better.

But this could be due to the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale I bought today. I have been out of beer for at least 2 weeks. I was just not motivated to get any.

The Tropical Storm will NOT hit Florida. The cone is shifting to the west (towards FL) but it will not hit. I wish it would - Central FL really needs the water. In fact, the storm needs to make landfall and stall out over Central Florida, then move SLOWLY up the coast dumping rain along the way. Atlanta is about out of water, as is Fuzz.


But whatever - it is not going to hit Florida. It will move out to sea, and die once it gets into colder water. After it rains on The Bahamas - it will only be a threat to ships at sea.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

Unless I am mistaken, isn't the phone you have insurance on still working? I thought it was your father's old cell, the one you don't have insurance on that got wet. I'm guessing the insurance company probably would love to make a distinction between the two.

07:28  
Blogger Daisy said...

As a cat, I recommend leaving the tank open for easy fishing. Er, viewing.

08:22  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on the new tank..can't wait to see it.

Insurance companies should be outlawed or at the very least monitored. They fuck people out of everything and call it 'the small print'.

11:17  
Blogger Jenn said...

I glazed over when you talked about the tank. So you fill with water, plug it in and add fish. I can do that.

It looks like a big white ghost is going to fly over the eastern seaboard. Coincidence? I don't think so.

16:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lazy,

You guys got off easy this year, really no storms.

In NC they are asking us to use 50% less water. Come on. I say send the illegal immigrants home.

I've never had good luck with fish. This guy went out of town for the weekend and I killed 2 of his fish. Good luck.

21:28  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Ed - I had insurance from when I had my own account. When Cingular and AT&T merged my dad kept bugging me and bugging me till I went on some "family plan" or whatever it is. I am using an old cell phone now. AT&T shows the phone that got wet as the one for my account. At any rate, I think all the phones on the family plan thing are insured. The old man LOVES insurance.

Daisy - I have to keep my current tank covered so nobody drinks from it. The new tank will have saltwater, I do not think anyone will drink from it.

Dusty - I am ready for whatever madness they dish out.

Emma - there is slightly more to it than that. I am going to set the new tank as a saltwater "reef" tank. That means live corals. It is going to be fun.

Krok - It is really bad in NC. I hope you guys get some rain before winter - and then you need to get a lot of snow. Piles and piles of it.

21:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home