This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Still Catch Free

I think I mentioned something about fishing the other day.

Well I went! This time my dad went. The conditions were perfect. Well offshore the seas were nothing. Mere ripples. It was FLAT offshore. Biscayne Bay was rougher than it was 3 miles out. I blame all the boat traffic in the bay for that. Approaches to some marinas were horrible.

But as usual - no fish. There was a good strike, but the leader wire gave out and the hooks slipped off. Oh well. One of these days Ill get something.

We tried trolling and drifting. Nothing.

So I headed into shallower waters and hit the patch reefs. I caught some fish, but nothing worth keeping. Some grunt, a few short yellow tails, a VERY short strawberry grouper, a wrasse, and more grunt. At least I was catching stuff.

I also took the opportunity to go swimming. THAT was nice. I need to forget about so many fishing missions and do more snorkeling missions.

But today is Mother's Day. So no more boat stuff. The plan for today is hit up Gulfstream Park for some sort of brunch or whatever they are having. It was my dad's idea. I went along with it.

It will be nice. I suppose. The para mutuals were all given a nice face lift thanks to the voters approving Vegas style slot machines.

So......will there be any video poker? Maybe a little. And maybe not. I am really not that into gambling anyway. It is fun so long as you are winning, but when you are not winning it gets shitty and boring VERY fast.

OH YEA!!!! I got some underwater photos of the patch reef fishing area. Ill post them in the next day or two.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I have never, never, never once caught a fish, any time, anywhere. Except for the seafood market.

03:28  
Blogger Daisy said...

I hope your mom has a happy Mother's Day!

06:13  
Blogger Fred said...

A caught one fish in my entire life. It was a 70-pound tarpon that took me an hour to reel in.

We put it back in the ocean.

17:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Cayman Island authorities are investigating the violent deaths of a half-dozen giant blue iguanas that are among the most imperiled creatures on the planet.

WTF

17:25  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

It's kinda funny, I always thought the ocean was full of fish.
Back in the old country, I used to be able to catch fish. Here, Zip. But then I don't really find the time for it these days.

19:41  
Blogger Doozie said...

Well I am so pleased you caught some fish even though they were fish that no man would eat. When you were swimming did you feel anything brush against your leg?

20:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home