This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tradition

My first day of fall went OK.

A long time good friend came to visit. And mooch some free internet access. I give my long time good friends the password to my wireless network.

The celebration of spring involved a few shots of Flor De Cana 7 year grand reserve rum. I have grown quite fond of this rum. Nicaragua knows how to make some ass kicking rum!!!

Trust me here. It is good. If you do not believe me, buy a bottle. It is not terribly expensive. I pay around $20 for a 750 ml bottle. For rum aged 7 year in a wooden barrel that is cheap. But the stuff is just so fucking smooth!!!!

I give the Flor De Cana 7 year grand reserve FIVE out if five stars. It is truly excellent.

The 12 year rum is even better. And I have even sampled some Flor De Cana 21 year rum - it is to die for. So smooth, so full of flavor.

If there is one reason to live, it is for Flor De Cana 21 year rum.

By the way, if you are reading this and you are a representative of the great Nation of Nicaragua - I would greatly appreciate a barrel of your Flor De Cana. Really. It would hold a place of great honor in my humble abode. Me and my friends would get drunk many times in honor of your great nation.

But no matter what, Nicaraguan rum will ALWAYS be dear to me. It really is the best. Better than all other rums from all other nations. Better than Appleton from Jamaica. No offense Jamaica, but Flor De Cana is better. I still love your Appleton and your Myers, but given the choice Ill go with Flor De Cana.

Better than Black Seal rum from Bermuda. Better than Bacardi from Puerto Rico. Better than Brugal from the Dominican Republic. Better than Barbancourt from Haiti.

Flor De Cana truly a great product. Trust me here. I have done my research. The competition was tough, but Flor De Cana comes out on top.

So anyway, there was much celebration with the rum.

And I busted out with the last of my Sierra Nevada ESB. ESB is for "early spring beer". I actually bought this before I went to Sanibel Island in the summer. There was the booze store, and my parents (who technically own the time share) wanted to shop at the evil Wal-Mart across the street.

Well I do not support evil. So I went across the street to the booze depot.

In the parking lot of the Wal-Mart I had one ESB, and one Bigfoot Barleywine.

And then another Bigfood barleywine. Why not. In for a penny, in for a pound!!!

And then another ESB. For the road. What the fuck. I was following my dad in his Durango towin the boat anyway. Knowing that dad would not speed while towing the boat why not have a few beers???

There was NO WAY I was going to crash into my beloved boat. I love the boat. It is all I have really. I would gladly crash my vehicle into ANYTHING other than my boat. Tanker of plutonium??? BRING IT ON!!!!! Just not the boat.

So it was safe to drink and drive - but only for that one time.

Anyhow the ESB and Bigfoot are heavy beers with a high alcohol content. No good for the summer really.

I have 4 Bigfoots left. They are 12% beers. VERY HEAVY. They are reserved for the first cold snap.

The ESB's are gone.

I still need to have Lazy Oktoberfest. It is like real Oktoberfect, only you do not need to go to Germany. You just get drunk here in Miami.

It is tradition. And one does not fuck with tradition.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A beer post...actually a booze post...it was good!

You are such a connoisseur Lazy. ;)

10:10  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

I had to work

19:23  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gaaaahhhhh!!!!! I so wish I could get drunk! I have had a day of great relief and horrible tension.
First, I passed that awful test that I was dreading so much. The one that has to be passed with a 90 in order to pass the class. I got a 96, so I'm in the clear. Wished I could celebrate with some Bailey's. Instead I celebrated with a nap.
Later on, however, I got a call from my son's school. He did the right thing in going to the counselor due to having suicidal feelings. I would never have felt safe doing that because back in the day they immediately treated one like a sideshow freak the instant they showed the least inkling of psychological problems. He's safe, but it unsettled me to know he was having this crisis. I really wished I had a nice Bailey's, or some Malibu. (Yes, I like the froofy shit, unless I'm in the mood for Mickey's Big Mouth, which tastes like skunk piss.) But no, I cannot have the joy of tipping one back, thanks to my screwed up vagus nerve which contributes to blood pressure spikes and heart palpitations if I drink anything harsher than decaffeinated tea.
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck!
Thanks for the vicarious vision of buzzed bliss, though. Even if I can't enjoy, at least you did!

02:18  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Dusty - If I can be considered knowledgeable about one thing - that one thing is beer. I should have picked an area of expertise that would lead to a greater income!

Fuzz - this was an after work kind of thing. Spur of the moment.

Lily - Back in my day, the school counselor was a goof. Someone you went to if you wanted to change class schedules.

Today however they are actually trained in how to properly handle shit. Which is a good thing. Too bad it took so much grief for schools to pull their collective heads out of their asses.

22:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home