This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Thursday, June 04, 2009

My Grand Plan To Work For The DMV

I have put in for a lot of things. So when I get email about various applications I usually open them.

But it is odd to get a flood of emails regarding applications. Yet, this is what I got. A bunch of emails sent rapid fire style informing that I was not selected for jobs.

The interesting thing there is that they were all sent at 1 AM. I know for a fact that at 1 AM NOBODY is in that office.

I know this because said office is in a government building. A building where by all I can figure out, there are few people working there at 1 PM on a weekday, let alone 1 AM.

Ever try to get anything done at the DMV office? Ever? How long did you have to wait in line? How many "employees" did you see in the place? Did it seem like these "employees" were working very hard? Or did it seem like they were in a race to see who could take the longest amount of time to do the least amount of stuff?

Thus proving my point.

This reminds me - I want to work for the DMV. I am sure that on my first day I could not only win the slow race, I could set a new agency world record. I do not care how long you have to wait. The way I see it, there are too many cars on the road as it is. Allowing more people to obtain a license only means more congestion. So it would not be in my best interest to help you. Not if I wanted the drive home from work to take less than an hour.

Where was I? Oh yea - the multiple emails announcing I was persona non-grata sent to me at 1 AM when nobody could possibly have been in the office to send them. I remember now. My dreams of working for the state DMV and performing a public service by doing nothing distracted me.

I figured that the emails were sent in error. That is the only thing that made sense.

And today, in the afternoon at a normal and reasonable time - I got another email announcing that emails were sent to a number of applicants in error, and that I should ignore them.

Which is what I already figured was the case.

Being right kicks ass.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

So.... Nobody sent you emails by mistake?

16:53  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Apparently, "the system" sent out a batch of emails by mistake.

17:39  
Blogger Unknown said...

I used to work for the DMV. It was horrible. I lasted 3 weeks. All I did was pull suspended licenses off old files and bundle them. It was incredibly boring. My boss was Hitler's Jewish sister. What a nightmare!

07:03  
Blogger Unknown said...

Being a civil servant has it's perks dude!

13:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home