This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Freak Out! Le Freak, C'est Chic

THE SKY IS FALLING!

There. I feel better now. Actuall, I felt better before - I just like to say "the sky is falling" in all caps whenever possible. And this is as good a time as any.

People in Miami must be listening to a lot of cheezy disco music. And, as the song goes, they are freaking out.

The store ran out of cat food. Do not tell Fat Fred, he does not know he is out of food yet. I will have to attempt to track down cat food on my day off. I did manage to get gas, there were not any lines to speak of when I got off work tonight. But there will be. Gas stations will run dry as Wilma gets closer.

I went to the store today, but not to buy storm stuff. I just wanted to find some of that Dryell stuff (the stuff that supposedly turns your drier into a dry cleaning machine) and some drain clog remover. I got the drain clog remover - the store was either out of Dryell OR they do not carry it. I also hooked up with some extra iguana food, just in case I can not get any in a few days. Spaz is not picky, he will eat veggies that are slightly mushy.

But I have never seen the pet food isles bare. Never. The water isle I expected to find empty. And, as usual, the beer and wine stock is doing just fine.

Prediction time! I can not remember if I have gone on record yet, but here it goes anyway. I think that Wilma will pass just to the SOUTH of the big lake. By Wilma, I am talking about the eye wall, not the feeder bands. The path will not be due west, it will be moving in a diagonal swath across Floirda. It will make landfall between Ft Myers and Naples, closer to Naples. On the East Coast of the state, North Broward, Palm Beach, and Martin Counties will get the worst of it.

Of course, this is pure speculation. There is no way - NO WAY - to know exactly where it will go. Hence, the cone of death. Which I am in. WOO HOO!

At any rate, we will soon find out how the levees around the big lake will hold up. Lets just hope that they fare better than New Atlantis. Right now, the big lake is holding back 15 feet of water.

And now, a musical interlude. AWWWWW FREAK OUT! Le freak, c'est chic.....

12 Comments:

Blogger Lila said...

I was thinking of you, LI, when I heard about Wilma... I sure hope you are okay.

22:51  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

As of right now, I am OK. The storm is still a few days away. I still have power, and a roof, and high speed internet, cold beer in the fridge, and so on.

22:58  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

You've been in my thoughts too. I hope you can find some kitty food. Take care and keep us posted as this progresses!

07:13  
Blogger dddragon said...

yeah, been thinking of you, too. I wonder if people bought cat food and bolted, after all that happened in New Orleans, etc.?

14:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

live from titanic! its robert and his beer mug! yeah... freakin panic has ensued. crazy... may the hoarding and driving like an even bigger arsehole begin!

17:27  
Blogger TLP said...

Good luck. I think people remembered to prepare for their animals this time.

I hope they are overstating Wilma, but it's best to be safe.

Take good care.

19:46  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Honey, hunker down and take care of yourself and your family (animals are family too). *fingers crossed for you*

21:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well just watch out be Rick (d%^$bag) Sanchez at CNN will steal your thunder with LIVE reports from the Florida Levy! At least he will be at home with all those snakes in the sugar fields.

23:12  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Eeeek! Latest reports have it swinging back to Florida again. Wilma!!! Go home!!!

13:42  
Blogger Econo-Girl said...

wow, Iggy, I guess you have been through this so many times that you don't get freaked anymore. I hope it all works out well for you and next week you are laughing at us for overreacting.

14:45  
Blogger dddragon said...

If you come up to PA, we'll go to the grocery store when snow is predicted and laugh at all the people buying milk and bread.

15:55  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

DEAL! Can we also throw snowballs in the store while yelling "THE ROOF IS CAVING IN!!"

19:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home