This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

You Have To Be F'en Kidding Me!

Guess what?


Hurricane WILMA? That name starts with a W. The end of the alphabet. If there is another storm this season, the greek alphabet will have to be used. Hurricane Alpha is next. As of this image, I am in the 50% - 60% zone for tropical storm force conditions. In fact, this graphic is for tropical storm (or greater) conditions in the next 120 hours.

So, how strong can a storm in October get? Good question. Lets find out!


Category 3? What? I am not exactly 100% on how to read this graph, but from what I can gather the orange is the most likely range for wind speed - with the thin blue line being the average of all the models. Notice how that blue line is NOT in the center of the orange area - it is more at the top. This tells me that it will most likely hit Floirda as a 2 or maybe 3.

In OCTOBER. A cold front is going to steer this thing into the State.

But, if it all works out I will get another hurricane day off - and if I do loose power at least it will be a little cooler outside.

Next up - Tropical Storm / Hurricane Alpha!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lila said...

Jeez. Good luck, LI! It's crazy. You've been hit too much.

22:40  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I only got hit by one storm this season. So far. Maybe I will be in the eye of Wilma.

My prediction is no, the storm will go north of me. But it could be close. There is no way to know.

22:44  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

The 11 PM advisory is now in. The cone shifted slightly to the south. The wind speed forecast also changed, the storm could be a weak category 4. That is not good for Naples and Marco Island!

00:11  
Blogger Jane said...

Just seen on the BBC internet news (12:30 BST) that Wilma has strengthened to a 5 hope it dies back down again before it makes any landfall.

07:29  
Blogger Lissette said...

Yeah, this is F'ing nuts already! I'm getting ready for Halloween, and worrying about what costume I'm going to wear for a halloween party I'm supposed to attend with David. I DON'T want to have to be worrying about another stupid hurricane!

This just blows (no pun intended).

11:47  
Blogger Aginoth said...

My younger Brother and his family arrived in Florida last Thursday, for 2 weeks. Oops!

13:03  
Blogger TLP said...

Sad news! Jeez, what a year for storms.

Hope it misses you. Heck, I wish it would miss everyone.

17:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home