This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, May 26, 2006

The Tale Of Two Vacations

Today I found out the verdict for the time off I requested this summer.

My vacation request for Sanibel Island was not approved. I will still go, just not for the full week. I have my weekend, and maybe one or at the very most two more days. My weekend will be Sunday and Monday. It is a given that Saturday will be next to impossible to get off. But if I can score a Tuesday off, then it will be worth it to go. I could leave after work on Saturday, and be in Sanibel three hours later. I could leave after dinner on Tuesday and be back at work Wednesday.

If I can not get Tuesday off, I will probably not go.

But my August request was approved. Now I can finish paying for my cruise, and plan what the hell I am going to do once I set foot on Mexican Soil. I would like to see Mayan Ruins. I can go to the beach in Florida, but I can not see pyramids in Florida. I will also find out where on the ship I will be staying. I want a cabin with a picture window, not a porthole. I would also like to be located somewhere midship to the stern. Why not the bow??? In the event of foul weather, a good captain will ALWAYS keep the bow into the wind. The wind drives the waves, so most of the time keeping the bow into the wind also keeps it into the waves.

So the bow of ANY boat in foul weather will pitch more than the stern of the boat.

I would not want to have a cabin on the stern, because then my picture window will overlook the ship's wake trail. I would rather see off the port or starboard, where the water is not churned up by the massive propellers driving the ship.

More on my shore leave once I figure out exactly what I want to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home