This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Crappy VCR

Yes. I had a crappy VCR. Actually it was a VCR/DVD combo thing. And it was crappy. It did not even have progressive scan.

I was using it to record some shows last time I had to work some 4 AM shifts. It was working OK, but then one day the tracking was all screwed up. No matter what, I could not stop the picture from jumping all over the place.

But then my A shift days ended, and I had Monday off. So I could stay up till 2 AM (or later) watching Adult Swim on Cartoon Network. Then I could watch a REALLY HORRIBLE yet "manly" movie on Spike. I did not need the VCR anymore.

Speaking of "manly" movies on Spike - WHAT GIVES!?!?! We all know Chuck Norris can kick ass in movies like Delta Force. But would it hurt to show some "women's prison" theme movies? Do all "manly" movies on Spike have to feature some karate dude without a shirt kicking ass? Seems kind of.....uhhhh....Suspicious to me. I am just saying. So if you are a Spike Network executive, think WOMEN'S PRISON. A whole lot of horrible movies featuring this theme were made in the 70s and 80s.

Anyway, getting back to something slightly less insane. Once again I have A shifts. But I do not have to show up at 4 AM. I have to show up at 6 AM! I have my alarm set to 4:30 AM. I should probably be on the road no later than 5:30. Assuming I can make it to work in 15 minutes (including parking time) and catch the 5:45 shuttle bus I will make it in on time. But that is really cutting it CLOSE.

And of course, I now need a VCR again. So I tried to get my old one to work. The thing decided to hold the VCR tape hostage. I turn it on, press "eject", and nothing happens. The VCR just turns off.

So I had to buy another one. I am using it now. To record stuff. But I am watching the stuff as it is recording. Kind of retarded now that I think of it!

But whatever. I got a new VCR/DVD combo thing. One WITH Progressive scan output! And I have a brand new remote control to loose, so I can go out and buy a new universal remote - which I can loose again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Once I had to leave for work early like that to catch a ride. Someone stole my battery.

15:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I pity u that you have to wake up so freakin early. Am gald I don't have to.

Take care man!

21:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home