This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I Voted! Did You?

Today was primary election day! Not very exciting. In fact, rather boring. I could only choose among the goobers running for various jobs within my party.

But today I do not want to talk about goobers. I did choose a goober to run for Goobernor of Florida (replacing Jeb - THANK THE LORD FOR TERM LIMITS). OOPS! I said I did not want to talk about goobers, then I mention Jeb. SORRY! Will not happen again!

I skipped most of the garbage on the ballot. But there is ONE judge I did vote for. I voted for Cathrene Banks to be a judge. Here is why.

A few years ago I was in Coconut Grove, at a place called "Mr. Moes". I was (get ready for this) having a few drinks. I was with a friend (who I am getting ready to go see in Lakeland as soon as I finish typing this). It was her night to get sauced, I was just there to navigate to the bar and back home. Like a taxi, only free.

Anyhow there is no rule that says I can not have a FEW beers. No more than two per hour, and no more than 1.5 for each hour there total. In otherwords, if I am there three hours I could safely consume 4 beers. It does not matter if I guzzle the four in the first hour then chill for three hours, or drink one per hour. So long as I do not have more than 2 in that final hour. Or something like that.

Anyway, the point is I was just there to be there. Not to damage my liver. I had to pilot the vehicle without anyone having to go to jail.

Sometime during the night, my friend got up to make a liquid deposit in the ladies room. Drinking does that to you. While she was gone this other older woman, who was also at the bar having a few (or more??) drinks asks me if I vote.

Of course I vote. I have nothing else better to do.

So she gets slightly excited, and gives me her card. She was running for County Judge. She asked if I would consider voting for her.

OH HELL YES! As a general rule, if you are at a bar hanging out and having a good time and it just so happens that you are running for office - Ill vote for you.

And, if all else fails, I figure I can get a lighter sentence if I say "I know you your honor! You gave me your card and asked me to vote for you one night at Mr. Moe's in Coconut Grove! You might not remember it, I do not think you were the designated driver that night. It WAS frozen margarita night after all".

I made the part about frozen margarita night up. I do not remember if there were any drink specials that night. It WAS years ago after all. But the rest did happen. I voted for her in every election since then. I think that makes two now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa dude... Hope that "Important busainess" went well...(heh!) I am surprised you have time for work at all. Man... I wish I had your job! Work clothes and all.. Dude, you are one lucky guy!

By the way... they do still sell Ripple (good cheap fortified wine). Try any after hour convenience store near a bus station! I often stop off for bottle on the way back to my hole in the wall.

Amos

17:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo... I just googled "Ripple" and found a great web site. Check it out!

http://www.bumwine.com/others.html

I didn't know there was a wine actually called "Ripple". I just thought it meant any fortified wine that would get ya going on the cheap.

Amos

17:46  
Blogger TLP said...

Very funny!

I'm getting pretty curious about the "friend" with whom you are traveling....

13:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home