This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

At Least It Keeps Me Occupied.

Just when I thought it was safe! It seems that last Friday, when I was on my way to Central Florida, I got some snail mail.

The former employer now claims I owe them $700 something because I was overpaid. I thought this was all cleared up! But it seems that I was mistaken.

So this means that today I get to go back and do all the stuff I did before! As if I have nothing else better to do. Well OK so maybe I do not have anything else better to do. But that is not the point.

I have to take some sort of civil service exam later this morning. I should probably be asleep right now. But I have taken this type of exam before. It will not be too hard. Pretty simple stuff really.

This will guarantee that I get up and get moving somewhat early. The test begins at 9:00 AM.

Then after the test, I have to sort out this mess. AGAIN. However I think I am just yelling at a brick wall at this point. From what I was told last time, everything was going to be sorted out. Apparently it was not.

So the saga continues! It will give me something to do.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn wtf kind of place did you work for, lazy!

I think civil service exams are kind of fun. I like to see the rankings. Since I am trying to relocate to Florida, whats your advice for some good ones to take? :)

You must find another sushi friend. Do you flip a coin or alternate?

09:54  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

My advice is to take them all. Apply for anything you qualify for, even if you think you are over qualified. Shit I have a degree and I applied to be a draw bridge operator. I was turned down due to "the excellent qualifications of the other applicants". Are people with MBAs applying to raise and lower draw bridges?

So yea, take em all. And make up a good resume because many jobs do not require any test.

It takes FOREVER to get a government job, but the great thing is that once you get one life is fairly decent. You get good benefits, and you can go home at the end of the day knowing that at least you are working for some sort of public good. As opposed to just rotting at a bank.

Ah yes - such is the life of a civil servant. You may work for Parks and Rec. You may work for Water and Sewer. You may work for any number of departments. And (in theory) all of them are in support of the public good.

Lets see any bank or Wal-Mart claim the same. They profit off the public. Local Government is the most responsive to we the people, because it is the smallest branch.

17:57  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

If you want a government job you really need to be a minority. If you're not a minority I would suggest that you convert.

A Civil Service Test? Is that a test to see if you have the skills to screw your customer?

19:17  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

I work for local government. Theres no money in it (unless you're the City Manager or something), but we are doing something important.

20:40  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Caiman - I am a minority. But only in Miami. And Detroit. And possibly LA.

Fuzz - It depends on your job title. Here the County Manager is an appointed position, and that person changes with the Mayor - so you may not want that. There are many managers who break the 100k mark. The money for most jobs is less - but you can live on it.

I felt like that I was doing was important. And I liked it. I have not given up going back to civil service just yet.

21:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home