This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Baby Alligator Monday



Welcome to baby alligator Monday! This is a new feature I just made up. This weekly special feature is SO EXCLUSIVE, that it will not be here next week. This is how you make something exclusive - only offer it for a limited time. And that limited time is today.

So this is more of a special one time Baby Alligator Monday feature than a weekly feature. but who cares. Click the lizard to see more photos from my Saturday swamp adventure. Then return here and comment!

In other news, I ran across a news story that Israel has been training pilots to take out possible nuclear sites in Iran. According to this source, one site would have been hit with nukes, and two other sites hit with conventional weapons. Some military spokesperson said this was bullshit. Israel supports the UN and blah blah blah.

Here is why none of this matters. Iran is not run by idiots. The President of Iran is actually a very well spoken man - even if the words he speaks are sometimes out there. At least he can speak proper Farsi. Can we say the same about the President of the USA and the English language? Ever hear of a "President Whatever The Hell That Guy's Name Is-ism"? I have not, but there are TONS of Bushisms out there. Everytime Bush speaks he provides the world with more.

Anyway, like I was saying. Iran is not ruled by idiots. They know they are sitting on gobs of oil, and that other nations need that oil. So what they did was pretty simple, and not very well reported in the USA.

Iran made buddies with China. Iran IS China's oil futures market. And China is not a weak nation. While their military may not be as advanced technology wise as the USA, it is larger. And they have more than sling shots and spears.

More importantly, they hold the economy of the West in their hands. Simply put - we can NOT afford a war with China. They know it, and we know it. A war with China means GOOD BYE to Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, and every dollar store you can think of. It would mean an immediate HALT to consumerism as we know it. The retail sector would collapse, and with it the stock values of every major retail outlet on the NYSE. And with those stores would go jobs. And not just low paying part time stock jobs - very rich people in upper management positions would be in the unemployment line. Their stock options would be worthless. People like The Waltons, heirs to the Wal-Mart empire, would be looking for a job flopping Whoppers.

So what can we do about Iran? Probably nothing. We will have to ask for permission from China first. If we get an approval, then only what China approves will be allowed. If China says "no" then we have to make a choice.

Our source of cheap consumer goods, or "national security". It will be fun to see which side the rich are on.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Um...I like the Baby Alligator!
I'm too brain dead to comment on the political stuff intelligently or otherwise right now.
But I always did enjoy watching the Waltons! ;-)

03:02  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Love the Alligator photos ... cute little critters !
Hmmm, interesting car you have there, too !!
Hope 2007 is treating you well.
Take care, Meow

06:40  
Blogger Ed said...

I think you are right on the money about China and Iran. Personally, I would like to see China out of our economic picture. As long as I have enough lead to shoot me some supper, I think I could survive the ensuing fallout and it would be a pleasure to watch all the idiots who shop at Wal-Mart suffer.

14:32  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

We may already be in too deep.

17:16  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

Cute Gator and Go Gators.

This will be confusing since most of my equity appreciation these days is happening in the foreign markets.

I say kill all the foreigners that aren't boosting the stock market.

19:10  
Blogger TLP said...

Good photos. Really. But I'm praying for snow here. I love the different seasons. Guess I'm nuts.

Whenever we find out which side the rich are on, we'll know which side is correct.

21:03  
Blogger TLP said...

Just reading the Sunday comments: Ignore this if you decided to deny my request. Classic.

21:05  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Cheesemeister - alligators are cool. If I left Florida, I would miss the alligators more than the people. If I ever usurp power and become President I will have a moat dug around the White House and fill it with gators.

Meow - 2007 is going OK. Could be better. You know, still no 40 foot sailing yacht for me to live on or anything. But it could be worse - so I am calling it "OK" for now.

Badoozie - nobody's ass looks fat in alligator pants! Your ass would look pimped out. Not pimped out in a bad way - but pimped out as in that TV show where someone's ride gets pimped out.

Ed and Fuzz - My predictions and theories are scary. All we can do is hope I am wrong.

Caiman - Are you sure you are not Bush's foreign policy adviser?

TLP - glad someone else likes my photos. Or are you just saying that to make me feel better?

21:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home