This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Aww Crap!

This is a good one. The other day I noticed that I was out of beer. Actually I noticed I was out of beer at least a week ago. I have probably been out for at least two weeks.

But never fear! There is always the bar that makes their own beer that I still go to.

Anyway, I was out of beer. So when I was at the supermarket I remembered to swing by the beer isle to resupply. And there it was - 12 pack boxes of Samuel Adams. So I grab one.

And what happens when I get it home? I drop the stupid box. There is this horrible breaking sound. And then this liquid starts to leak out of the box and all over the floor.

So I said a few of my favorite words, and open the box. There are two casualties. My 12 pack is now a 10 pack.

This pretty much sums up how my week has gone so far.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Aaaaahhhh! A broken Samuel Adams is not good. (A broken Budweiser would be OK though).

06:41  
Blogger Michael said...

That is truly a sad, sad story. I trust you drank up the others, to help wash away the tears?

07:12  
Blogger Ed said...

I once drank some pepsi from a broken bottle through my shirt tail because I was that desperate for a drink.

After reading this I imagined you as Homer Simpson in the episode where he broke the last bottle of hair tonic.

08:04  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

ewww! How aggravating. I've had a similar week. :-P

13:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, next time just get down on all fours and lick it up. waste not want not or however that goes.

17:15  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

How tragic.
I'll have to remember that shirttail trick, although it would probably work better on the 3rd or 4th beer if you've been working under a truck.

19:12  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

You need gloves. This Dude at Duke invented a frig that throws a beer to you.

21:44  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Daisy - A broken Budweiser would not be so bad. If you can find one in a glass bottle. Those are usually in cans or even 12 ounce plastic bottles now.

Michael - I was so disgusted at the whole thing that I just stashed the survivors in the fridge, cleaned up the carnage, took a shower and went to sleep.

Ed - it was not that dramatic. Just some of my favorite words. I never thought of the shirt tail filter idea - but these bottles were way beyond that. They were shattered.

Saur - your week may have been worse. I can always get more beer.

Badoozie - I did not think of that. But anything that hits the floor here is instantly checked out by any one of several critters.

Fuzz - from all my observations - it is impossible to work under a truck without beer. It makes the work more productive somehow.

Actionbell - chicks normally are not that into beer. But you are right, it is good stuff. The problem is that so few people actually try a REAL BEER that they do not know what they are missing. Beer is not one of the top two most popular drinks in the history of time itself by accident.

Caiman - I just need to not drop boxes of beer. Or maybe get thick padding for the floor. A fridge that throws beer at me would freak me out.

21:53  
Blogger Victoria said...

Boo-urns. At least it didn't go from being a 12-pack to being a no-pack, right?

00:15  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

True. There were survivors.

03:46  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

One time I had a six pack of soda hanging on the edge of my shopping cart. It dropped to the floor and soda was spraying everywhere. I never toted soda that way again! It was a dumb idea in the first place.

04:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home