This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Unimportant Shit

So some of you might be wondering what the hell is up with the Iguana Music? So here is the straight dope.

Devo was a (mostly bad) music group in the 80s. They are known for wearing flower pots on their head.


Anyway, some wacky students at Kent State in the 60s came up with the idea of "devolution" or de-evolution. You know, all the shit that was going on then led to the conclusion that humanity was on a backwards evolution path. All kinds of crap was going on then, and some students thought society was regressing. So devolution was a campus joke.

Then some students were murdered by the National Guard for protesting a war. In 1970. One of the guys that later formed the band Devo knew some of the students killed, and even saw one dead student - shot by an M1 Garand rifle. Those things chamber a 30-06 bullet - which is a big ass bullet. So the sight must have been very gruesome.

At that point the concept of de-evolution was no longer a joke to the guy. A few years later the band Devo was formed. Jocko Homo was inspired by a pamphlet "Jocko Homo Heavenbound" distributed by some devolution people at Kent State. Jocko Homo is a science geek way to say "monkey man" or something like that.

So there you go. The story behind the Iguana Music - leading to a bunch of guys wearing flower pots on their head. But it was the 80s, drugs were good and cheap, and it was still OK to get drunk and drive (the cops would just tell you to go home and fine you $100- ask President Bush or Dick Cheney about that). So we can understand and forgive the flower pots thing.

Iguana Music will be changing soon. Maybe something more recent is in line. You know, something from this year. Something hip and cool. Just in time for the weekend!

Also you may notice that I added my Netflix selections to the sidebar - just in case anybody was loosing sleep wondering what DVDs I have from Netflix.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

I have one thing to say:
Whip it! Whip it good!

17:14  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

That was their big hit.

17:16  
Blogger Victoria said...

Finally! All of my most burning questions, answered!

17:31  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

I liked their Mongoloid song.

Ye'll that Kent State thing was bad. I have family that was there that day.

20:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, you for sure needed more shit on your sidebar, it only takes a half hour to load this page as it is. We studied the Kent state massacre in our history class in college. Before that I'd never heard of it. I learned a lot at college. But then, who doesn't.

20:43  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Victoria - I aim to please. Or at least amuse. Whatever.

Caiman - Devo was OK I suppose. They did have at least one hit.

Badoozie - You do not like my sidebar crap? I like it. I may trim some fat from it.

22:59  
Blogger Michael said...

Lazy, I never knew that Devo has such deep history. I thought that they were just cheesy.
Thanks for the lesson.

00:22  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

To hell with hip and cool--I love Devo! Because I'm through being cool.

04:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home