This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

My New Favorite TV Show

This is Ninja Warrior. My new favorite TV show imported from Japan. My previous favorite TV show imported from Japan was Iron Chef.

This show is an extreme obstacle course. There are four stages. The final stage is the shortest, but it looks like a killer.

Out of the 2,000 (or more) to challenge Ninja Warrior - only two have been awarded the title. This is a reality show where most of the time there is no winner - only dishonor and shame. This is one hell of an obstacle course.

Anyway the video I posted shows one bad ass you would not want to get into a fight with showing you how to make the 4 stages your bitch. He makes it look easy, totally kicking the ass of obstacles like "Curtain Cling", "Pipe Slider", and "Metal Swing". If you listen carefully you can hear the Japanese announcer say pipe slider and curtain cling in English. It is funny cause the rest of the audio is in Japanese (with English subtitles for American TV).

By the way, the guy in the You Tube video tried three times. The first time he was short by 0.11 seconds on the final obstacle - the tower of death. The second time he screwed up the pipe slider. But in this video clip he makes it with 2.5 seconds to spare. No shame or dishonor here!

Japanese TV is so much better than the crap TV in the West. One of the things I want to do when I go to Japan is spend a day just watching the TV in my hotel room. Or better yet, watching Japanese TV at a sake bar. Living in Miami I am used to not being able to understand that the crap people around me or on the TV are saying.

You can watch Ninja Warrior every Monday and Wednesday on G4 network.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Wow! That Ninja Warrior is my hero! I wish I could learn how to do some of those stunts. I especially liked the "Spider Walker!!!!!!" I like Iron Chef too.

07:58  
Blogger Michael said...

Sadly, I haven't found "Ninja Warrior" here in Israel.

We can watch Iron Chef, though. It's far more fun in Japanese, with Hebrew subtitles flashing just a little too fast for me to read, than it ever was with English dubbing.

11:11  
Blogger Ed said...

Good Lord!

12:22  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

I use to hate Japs but one day they gave me 30 million dollars to invest. You shouldn't trust me with 30 million dollars.

19:42  
Blogger Victoria said...

Oh my god, that's inhuman!

20:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is very clear...women want safety and security, and all you can offer them is danger....I rest my case

23:57  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Daisy - Spider Walker is cool. They stole that from hamster cages. Japanese television is great!

Michael - I do not think I could handle Iron Chef in Japanese with Hebrew subtitles. Ninja Warrior is on its way to you.

Ed - Amazing huh?

Caiman - I wish the Japanese would give me 30 million to invest. I would invest about $60,000 of it on a new boat!

Actionbell - I am chomping at the bit to go to Tokyo. I think it would be the best. It would be total sensory overload - but I think I could deal with it.

Victoria - inhuman? Nobody is forced to go on Ninja Warrior. I wonder what the people win besides honor.

Badoozie - I am a safe dude. I have life jackets for everyone that goes on the boat. I also carry daytime AND nighttime distress signals. How do you say all I can offer is danger? Dont chicks like a little bit of danger?

02:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home