This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Days.

Welcome to Monday! Yea I know - a lot of people hate Monday. It is the start of yet another work week - unless you are retired, so rich you do not have to work, or have strange days off like Wednesday and Thursday. Having Wednesday and Thursday off sucks the most, because on Friday everyone is all like "YEA! Today is Friday" while you are like "Crap, it is Monday".

But before you think you are going to have a shitty day, consider the day this guy is about to have.


I have done shift work. It really is not that bad. And even if it is, what choice do you have? Not a whole lot except for quit and look for another job. And chances are it will involve shift work too - so you will not be any better off.

But who really wants the same days off as everyone else? I always thought it was kind of cool having weekdays off. The boat ramps were always clear! On the weekends they can be swamped.

Anyhow, the point is that I think people create their own shitty days. Yea every so often crap is going to happen that you have no control over that will make for a shitty day. But those days should not be the norm. In some way, we can create our own reality. Not totally, but in some capacity.

So what kind of day are you going to have today? Mine will be OK. Not great, not shitty - but OK. Unlike the guy digging the tunnel.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I actually like working night shifts. The first four nights are ok. It's that fifth night that's really shredding me!

06:40  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Nights rule. Everyone leaves the place, and you are on your own. You can put your feet on the desk, crank the cubical sound system, have office chair races with the cleaning staff, and so on.

13:07  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Exactly! Working weekends is not so bad.

My choice days off were Monday and Tuesday. I could get anything done.

13:40  
Blogger Daisy said...

I like yer philosophy. You make yer own sh*t! Or happiness.

Or in my case, I make my own sh*t, but then I bury it. So it is ok.

13:50  
Blogger Victoria said...

I'm really amused by your label for this post. I aggree with you-- I find that my shittiest days are when I start off in a bad mood, not the other way around (i.e. I get to be in a bad mood because the day sucked).

15:48  
Blogger Ed said...

Now that I'm shackled, I mean married, I wouldn't mind working weekends if I got two other days off. But back when I wasn't shackled, I mean single, I wouldn't give up my weekends for the world because all my buddies went drinking then. Who wants to drink alone?

16:21  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Attitude is everything (almost).

I worked a swing shift once, it almost made a communist out of me.

16:54  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

Is that a white guy digging out of a jail. That's ironic.

I pretty much go to meetings all day. I'm a good speaker. Sometimes I just make stuff up and people run with it, it's crazy.

19:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot to include the people who don't work because they are fat lazy losers like me. and yes, i created my own crappy day

20:17  
Blogger M@ said...

That cartoon reminds me of the ultimate pick up.

Imagine your Siamese twin brother is gay... and he's on his way to his boyfriend's house.

(Smile.)

21:42  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Daisy - it is a good idea to bury your own poop. I wish dogs were smart enough to do that.

Victoria - it is true. We can create our own personal reality. If I set out in the morning with the idea that I am going to have a crappy day then I usually do.

Ed - sometimes you have to work weekends. Like when you are the low man on the totem pole. So you make the best of it. Any day off is a good day.

Fuzz - attitude counts for a lot. And a lot of people accused me of being communist long before I had to work swing shifts. Power to the workers! I am a firm supporter of unions.

Caiman - it is always amusing to me that sometimes I can just make stuff up and people buy it. As long as I sound like I know what I am talking about. I think a lot of managers do this. What the hell is "synergy" anyway?!?!?

Badoozie - just cause you are out of work does not mean you are a fat lazy loser. You could be a skinny lazy loser. Or you could be on a State funded unemployment holiday.

Matt - I think I would off myself in that case.

23:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just sharted

23:47  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Badoozie - it seems that the topic of shit was very popular today.

01:17  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

It is always very popular where I work. Sometimes I think that when you get old all you think about is your bowels and how they're malfunctioning one way or the other.

04:45  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

When you can not crap, you get very cranky.

12:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home