This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

We Now Return To Scheduled Operation

It seems that the DSL fixing thing lasted through the night. Here is what seems to have happened. I had a DSL modem / router thing with built in wireless. It worked decently. But it mysteriously died sometime Sunday night or early Monday morning. So when I got up Monday and tried to connect, I could see that the laptop was connected to the router with the wireless thing, but there was no access. I had to get up, walk to the room with the router in it, and see that the "broadband" light was orange. Orange = not good.

So I call tech support, who then ask a bunch of stupid questions that have nothing to do with anything. After a few dumb questions I just ask the person (probably in India) to check the DSL connection. It was working.

So I go out to Best Buy and pick up a Zoom DSL modem/router thing. And while I was there I picked up another game for the PSP and stuff. But I could not get the Zoom shit to connect for some reason.

Lucky for me, I was able to track down another modem/router from someone who had DSL service but for whatever reason quit using it. I plugged it in, reset it back to factory defaults, and it worked perfectly.

That is the story, and I am sticking to it!

In other news, I need a first mate for Baynanza. What the crap is Baynanza you ask? It is an annual event put together by Miami-Dade County Department of Environmental Resources Management (DERM for short). Slaves volunteers go to various places on Biscayne Bay and clean up trash. Trash collected includes normal stuff like plastic bags, cans, and bottles and stuff - but also strange stuff like kitchen appliances, floating chunks of mystery boats, dunnage (packing materials), televisions, and all sorts of other crap.

Some of the cleanup locations are on land, some are islands out in the bay. So boats are needed. I will be like a slave ship water taxi for volunteers, taking them from one place to another place on the bay. I need at least one person that can make for a competent crew - cause the people that the judge says have to spend a day cleaning up garbage are probably going to make for a lousy crew.

Labels: , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

HELLPPPP
they want to crucify me

come to IMNUTSINCAPS, my main page

-

09:24  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I have a feeling you are nuts in lower case too.

10:10  
Blogger M@ said...

Reminds me of the time I had to serve some jail time by raking leaves and emptying trash barrels at highway rest stops.

Now, I had just graduated from college and it sure was embarassing to be seen by tourists and normal people debarking from a van with mullet-wearing guys. I mean, it looked like exactly what it was.

14:09  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I will name my boat "Botany Bay" for the event. It fits the theme of the day. Cause I will be hauling convicts to various islands in Biscayne Bay. And leaving them there. Tis good to be the Captain and not the scallywag convict. I have a feeling I will be saying "put your backs into it you filthy bilge rats" a lot.

16:11  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

I thought all the bays were dead from silt and the damage done by causeways, fertilizers, raw sewage, and coal fired plants? Isn't this a waste of time?

19:10  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Not at all! Biscayne Bay is still very much alive - or at least it is in Biscayne National Park.

Some of the cleanup is in the National Park, but most of the sites are in north Biscayne Bay where silting is more of a problem. But there is still a lot of seagrass there.

And besides, trash is ugly.

23:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i see no one has volunteered yet. is this an all expense paid trip?

01:26  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he is soooo nuts in lower case too...i went over to jims blog...SSSSSSS blogs. and i was dizzy on impact. never to return again

01:32  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Jim, nobody would do you the favor of crucifying you because then you would erroneously be compared to people who actually made a positive difference in history.
Sorry he innundated your blog, Iguana.
I guess I don't really care if the tech support is in a foreign country so long as they know what they're doing and we can understand each other. Except I really can't figure out why people from a given country can't get tech support or what have you from people in their own country! Actually I know that its because overseas labor is much cheaper. Sucks for those people and usually sucks for us too, trying to cut through their heavy accent and they probably are wondering what the hell I'm saying too!
Oh well, such is the world of tomorrow.

07:16  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Badoozie - it is not an all expense paid trip. The boat part is free however.

CM - no big deal. I do not think dude will lurk here very long. Bellsouth tech support is very India heavy. The people are very friendly and all, and speak very good English - but there is an ever so slight accent that I can pick up om. What I think is amusing is when they say their name is "Fred" or "Lisa" or some other short common name. You KNOW their name is not really "Fred".

10:21  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

That's pretty funny, I never thought about the name thing. I think I got "Shannon" and she kept saying "yes, Ma'am, I do apologize for your trouble" along with every sentence she said. She certainly sounded more like an "Indira" than a "Shannon," though what the bleep do I know?
I once worked for this temp service and we had to work serving a banquet at a hotel, the Marriott, I think. They wanted us to wear name tags. They brought out this box with name tags of former employees. So I'm supposed to actually ANSWER to Eloise, I guess? Like I would remember? I'm glad that nobody called me by "name." They would have thought I was either deaf or stoned.

12:44  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

You could NOT pay me enough to pretend I give a crap about your problem.

That name tag thing is funny. I would make up my own name tag that said something like "I pick my nose then touch your fork" or "I do not wash my hands after using the restroom".

But then again I am sick and twisted.

13:00  
Blogger Jim said...

some american wives are out sourcing to India too

these guys no yoga and can hold on for hours

02:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home