This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, May 04, 2007

State Visit

The Iguana Music has been changed in honor of Queen Elizabeth's State visit. Because I can. So I did.

And no, this is not a mistake. What you are hearing IS the UK National Anthem as well as the Royal Anthem. If you are thinking that is in an American song you are wrong. The American version (titled "America" and/or "My Country Tis of Thee") simply stole the UK Anthem and changed the words. Pretty original huh? Anyway it was replaced by The Star Spangled Banner - for better or worse.

I turned the auto play feature back on. I may change this. I really like it off. But hey - the friggin Queen is here. How often does that happen huh?

And how NICE IT IS to have a Head Of State in the USA that can actually speak the language properly! Without spitting on the lawn! And she knows her left from her right. I hope the President does not try to clean his glasses on the Queen's jacket. That would not be good.

In other news, I have considered my boat options!

1. Look at the 19 foot power cat, and make an offer if I think it is worth it.
2. look at the 22 foot power cat, and make an offer if it is not a hunk of crap that has sat in the water and/or has a shot engine
3. look for something else, possibly a walk around cuddy cabin cruiser in a 22 - 25 foot hull.

The good thing is that I will have a newer boat. The bad thing is that a 22 - 25 foot single hull boat will hog up a lot of gas. The catamarans will use less fuel than a similar sized mono hull.

But having a larger boat presents other problems. For one, a 25 foot cuddy cabin is a heavy hull. It is harder to pull. A lot of people get a larger boat and then do not use it as much as the smaller boat because of the added expense and pain in the ass factor.

OR I can repower the current boat. This is an attractive option for many reasons. It does not have to be done now, the current engine works fine. But if I repower, I can get a newer engine. I can sell the engine I have now since it still works. I would look for an EFI engine. These engines will use up to 30% less gas than the engine I have now.

And of course I would take the opportunity to have the boat rewired. With marine grade stuff. I would get all new switches, a new fuse panel, and new gauges. The boat would be good to go for many years.

But really - a slightly larger boat would be great.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

You only live once and you're a smart guy so you'll always have work, so buy a new nice boat. Stop looking at stuff people are trying to get rid of.

Do you think Queen Elizabeth would buy a used Bayliner? Not.

22:45  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

The Queen sold her Royal Yacht, the "Britannia". I would have NEVER done this. I would have sold one of the palaces first.

New boats are nice, but a little out of the price range. You can find good used boats, but you really have to do your footwork.

22:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

send me a picture of your current boat, and I'll pimp it out for ya, then you'll be set

00:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

iguana dude.. you'll like this story from the onion!
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31590

00:26  
Blogger Econo-Girl said...

That cat is very cute!

07:18  
Blogger TLP said...

They're playing the song like a dirge. Sounds better when it's done faster.

If you keep messin' with boats and such, you really will have to work forever!

10:19  
Blogger M@ said...

I'm getting a boat this weekend, too. Yeah, she's a six-footer....

14:48  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Ba Doozie - I will send you a picture of it on the trailer next time I pull it out. Right now it is under the car port tarp and boat cover. This keeps birds from shitting on it.

Anonymous - I do not read The Onion much. I do not know why.

Econo Girl - the cat probably loves you. You need a gray cat. They keep away rats.

TLP - I think the song is supposed to be played at a slow tempo. Ill ask Her Majesty when she comes over to visit and go fishing. Not many people know this, but the Queen is a fishing machine.

Matt - everyone needs a boat. Hell I ALMOST ALMOST got a 11 foot hard bottom inflatable boat with a 25 HP outboard and a side console with a helm. But it sold before I could get to it. Bummer. The price was really good.

15:43  
Blogger Daisy said...

I am glad the Queen is visiting. She has cute hats.

17:09  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I think I should honor the Queen by giving her a little gray kitten as a gift. He already has a Royal sounding name.

Sir Bojangles of No Fleashire

17:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what kind of a boat is only 6 feet, is matt pulling your leg?

22:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that song is hurting my brain

22:42  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Da Boozie - some dingies and "tenders" can be that small. You know, row boats.

23:41  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Towards the end of my book a Chris Craft Corsair 36 makes an appearance. I actually know nothing about boats, but this one looked appropriate. Did I pick a good boat for my character?

09:50  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Chris Craft makes some of the best boats on the market. The Corsair series are very nice runabout / ski boats. But they are not really my style of boat. I like boats more suited to offshore fishing and reef diving. The Corsairs are just too nice for this.

13:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home