This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, September 14, 2007

This And That

You know what I hate? Ill tell you anyway.

I hate it when I am on the laptop in the middle of the night and the only light in the room is from the laptop screen and a moth is buzzing around the screen. So then I mush the moth and now there is a smudge on the screen. Great! Got to get up for a paper towel or something. And while I am up I might as well get my pre-sleep beer. Or maybe my second pre-sleep beer. After the third pre-sleep beer you are not going to be sleeping for long - you will need to get up to take a leak. So two pre-sleep beers is the limit.

My Iguana Music list needs updating. Manic Monday by The Bangles no longer works. The link is dead. And I kind of still want to bang The Bangles. At least I used to. Back in the 80s. Don't really know about now though. That was a long time ago, my standards were lower, and the band was a lot hotter. Back then anything that had boobs and moved was fair game. Not that I really knew what to do with boobs, all I had to go by was late night shows on Cinemax (SKINamax).

Anyway, the point is that if you notice any Iguana Music links not working, let me know. I will attempt to rectify the situation.

MOVIE REVIEWS!

Glen or Glenda. This is legendary film maker Ed Wood's first film. And why is Ed legendary? He made the worst movies ever. See all he wanted to do is tell a story. That is it. Just tell a story. So he did not care about sets or acting or stuff like that. The story was what was important. He never did retakes - the actors had one shot and that is it. So all Ed' movie reviews will use the "bad movie" scale - where 1 tail whip is just a bad movie and 5 tail whips is a bad movie that is so bad it is a classic.

Anyhow Glen Or Glenda has the feel of a 1950's "educational" film. You know, like how your life would be better with an automatic dish washer. Ed was a cross dresser is real life (a big problem in the 50s). This film attempts to explain why this is not a big deal. Nobody is really hurt by it after all. So what if some guy wants to wear angora sweaters? Ed's girlfriend, who was in the movie cast as Glen/Glenda's girlfriend should have taken a hint here. It is sad when you think that it is Ed's plea for acceptance from society - something he never would get. All he wanted to do was put on women's clothing and hang around in bars. Like this guy.

Was that so wrong? Anyway three tail whips. Bela Lugosi saying "PULL THE STRINGS" made this movie. Classic. You have probably seen this part of it. PULL THE STRINGS! if this line sounds familiar, you now know where it came from.

LAST KING OF SCOTLAND - a newly graduated medical student from Scotland goes to Uganda to do some good. But he ends up as the evil dictator President's personal doctor. The young doctor realizes that his employer is a class A asshole, and evil. So he tries to get out of the situation. The movie President is based on a real guy who really killed an estimated 300,000 Ugandans, and likely much more. I think the doctor character might have been based on a real guy too. Three tail whips. A good movie, but it could have been better.

PS - I also know The Ocean by Led Zeppelin, Desperate But Not Serous by Adam Ant, Ray Of Light by Madonna, Drive by The Cars, and Substitute by The Who do not work anymore. I really have to fix my Iguana Music links.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

We saw Last King of Scotland. Idi Amin was a very BAD man!

Have you seen Black Snake Moan? We like Samuel L Jackson, and there is some good music, too.

13:51  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

We've seen this Ed Wood flick. It's a trip.

19:30  
Blogger TLP said...

Forest Whitaker won an Oscar for playing Idi Amin in the Last King Of Scotland I think. I haven't seen it or the others you wrote about.

20:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you lost me at "ed". but then again my eyes glaze over on a regular basis lately. gotta get to the clinic to get cured off the wild turkey or sompthun.....boobs......yeah...what is the fascifreakination with these blogs of fat??????

22:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats bloBBBBBs of fat...seee I told you I was glazing

22:52  
Blogger The Truffle said...

If you love Glen or Glenda, please please please PLEASE check out Plan 9 from Outer Space. It's Ed Wood's masterpiece (yeah, I'm using the term loosely).

14:07  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Daisy - I think we all know FAR too much at this point about bad presidents.

Fuzz - it was different. But so was Ed.

TLP - when I win an Oscar then I will start to care about the awards. I just watch movies I think I will like, regardless of who wins what.

Doozer - you call them lumps of fat, I call them fun bags. As long as they are not droopy then it is all good.

The Truffle - I own a copy of Plan 9 From Outer Space on DVD.

01:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home