This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

It Is Not Rocket Science To Keep A Shelf Stocked

I got the Aquapod 12 gallon aquarium with the 70 watt HQI light today. UPS delivered it. And they did not break it!

I hereby award UPS a blue ribbon for being special, and not kicking the box too hard.

In other news, PUBLIX WAS OUT OF SIERRA NEVADA PALE ALE! Now this is not that uncommon. I keep telling the meat head manager that the store should stock more beer when the supply runs out. People are buying it. The store should stock it. It makes perfect business sense. But not to this guy ---------------------------->
Last time I brought this to the attention of manager Special Ed he did not understand. I tried to make it simple, get more of the beer in the pretty green box and I will buy it. And other people are buying it too, because when I went to the store today they were OUT. But last time there were two six packs (three before I bought one). So there.

But enough about Special Ed. He tries hard. So he gets a gold star for effort, and for being so special. I think he even rides the special short County Bus to work.

I still have no place to put the 12 gallon cube aquarium. I will find a place however. Some day. Who knows when. Could be any time. But I have to modify it slightly, so this is not a problem. I have time to make my modifications, without rushing.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Is your place really little? Do you have a living room with a table and an outlet close to it? Crazy, I know, but that would work.

12:00  
Blogger Daisy said...

You are very, very lucky and special forgetting your Aquapod unbroken on the first try! We have not had such good luck with UPS. We are on our THIRD try to get a lamp fixture delivered unbroken.

12:02  
Blogger Avery Gray said...

I love that you have ordered something that you have no place for. Because I do that, too! And to have it delivered in one piece is always a bene!

13:30  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Seems like when I find a beer I like, they quit selling it.

18:08  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Emma - kind of. The reasons for not having a place to set the thing up are vast and complicated.

Daisy - Sometimes I think UPS employees think "fragile" means "kick this as hard as possible".

Avery - it was a really good deal. The light fixture alone is selling for at least $250. I got the light and tank for $190.

Fuzz - This is the truth. It has happened to me before.

Actionbell - I know where you can get Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on tap. It is a place in Coral Gables called "The Bar". Really. It is called "The Bar". It is a nice little place. If you want the address to it let me know. There is also my favorite place "Titanic" also in Coral Gables.

The aquarium is not huge, it is only 12 gallons.

21:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lazy,

I got this giant tin full of popcorn for Halloween that was delivered by UPS and that tin was totally mangled but the popcorn was still good.

21:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you need to buy a plane ticket and fly over here to drink beer with me. if you don't you won't ever know what you are missing out on

21:45  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I have five beers left out of the last six pack I bought a month ago. This six pack will probably last me at least six months. So I guess Special Ed doesn't have to worry about stocking beers for me.
I may have to adopt Special Ed as one of the characters in the Netherworld. He could work for Hal Itosis, owner of Hal's Club, Honest Hal's Used Cars and Honest Hal's Liquor Emporium.

21:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home