This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Saturday Post

As you may have noticed, it seems that this week I missed a few days worth of posts.

Well shit happens. And sometimes you step in it. I hate it when that happens.

Not really a whole lot going on here. Sort of. Actually, there is something going down. A war may be brewing. But I can not speak of such things because it may not even be true. And even if it is true, I can not let any battle plans leak. I like to keep my boat with a dry bilge, and leaks let water into the bilge.

In other news, I got more Netflix movies. The Guardian and Watership Down.

The Guardian is an exciting movie featuring boats (mostly sinking boats I would think). Why sinking boats? Because the movie is about Coast Guard chopper crews and rescue swimmers and stuff. No point in having a rescue swimmer jump out of a perfectly good helicopter if there is not a sinking boat.

Of course the rescue swimmer is played by Kevin Costner. I think the USCG has a policy preventing fogies from being rescue swimmers. But whatever. Every movie requires some degree of acceptance of unlikely things.

The other movie is Watership Down. A delightful animated movie about rabbits. But not really. The rabbits are probably symbolic of people or something. But who knows. It is based on a book which I have not read. I will carefully watch this movie in order to glean the meaning of it. Unless the movie is so watered down that it just sucks and really is only about rabbits.

Today I plan to take the boat out. There may be some manner of training exercise going on that I want to watch happen. It will be cool, if it happens. Of course there will be photos.

And then after that, there is some sort of rum party going on that I was told to show up for. You know, if I want to. There will be free rum. So why would I want to go there?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Hmmm, this sounds a little bit ominous. Hope all is well!

05:34  
Blogger Blank said...

I have been wondering where you were. Not that I've been the model blogger myself.... Anyway, I need to see Watership Down since I am IT according to an online quiz.

10:08  
Blogger M@ said...

Richard Adams wrote the book--Watership Down. It was really awesome. Hope the movie was good, too.

13:13  
Blogger M@ said...

I need to see The Postman, I guess.

13:13  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Daisy - I really do not know how things are right now. Dark clouds are on the horizon.

Scarlet - I am still here. For better or worse. I wanted to add this movie to my list for some time, but I kept forgetting to do so. Your book quiz post reminded me.

M@ - Yes. He did. I never read the book, even though I am aware that I should have read the book by now. Ill get around to it.

I do not know how the movie will be. Honestly, I am not holding out a lot of hope. Movies based on books often suck. There are some exceptions, but a lot of the time they suck.

03:11  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

For some reason I never finished reading Watership Down. Who knows why. That sort of thing is usually right up my alley.

17:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home