This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Requiem For A Toshiba

I have pretty much abandoned the Toshiba Laptop. It was good while it lasted, but whatever the hell is wrong with it is still wrong with it.

Ignoring the problem did not make it go away. This is my number 1 method to solve problems encountered with Microsoft products.

Method 2 is "live with it". Not possible. The darn thing is just too unstable at this point.

I tried a few virus scanners, with inconclusive results. I am not sure if I am having a hardware or software issue. I can not find any evidence to suggest on over the other. I THINK it is a hardware issue, but I am not 100% on that theory.

The only thing the old computer is used for is getting email. But I am working on changing that. I think I can get Thunderbird to run off a thumb drive. I have all my inboxes backed up.

I just need a few programs off the other machine. I think I can get what I need off the old laptop hard drive.

But anyway, I am using the emergency backup computer until I can put the wheat together to get a Mac. No more of this Microsoft bullshit. I want to use the Mac OS so that I do not collect the spyware and adware and shit that a Windows computer collects over time. To hell with that. Unless you pay for a dozen or so programs, your Windows computer runs slower and slower and slower and slower as SHIT installs itself without asking you. Of course the shit loads in active memory.

And does the "Windows installer" do anything about it? Hell no. It just allows ANYTHING to install to the registry. What a worthless thing that is.

If you try to install anything, you get a hundred pop up warnings and you have to keep clicking the yes button for each one of them. But if some shit wants to install itself, it just does. No warning windows open. Windows wants to fight you at every opportunity, but gets along great with viruses, spy ware, ad ware, and everything else you do not want.

So no more Microsoft products. If I can pirate some Microsoft programs (like Office) then GREAT! I am all over that. But I will not - I WILL NOT - ever pay for shitty products from Microsoft ever again. EVER.

The Invisible Hand of the free market needs to bitch slap Bill Gates and make him cry. Then it needs to attach the back of Bill's underwear to the rope running up the flag pole in front of Microsoft HQ and run his ass up there as if he were a flag. The super mega atomic flag pole wedgie. And even that may be too kind.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I had a Toshiba laptop for two years..it went into the shop three fucking times..each time it was an 'overheating' problem which of course wiped out all my hard drive.

Thank God I had an extended service contract on it. I now have a HP laptop that has never had a problem that totlly wiped out my HD. Knock on friggin wood.

I bought the Toshiba because it was cheap..cheap isn't always the best option I guess.

16:08  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

I like my Mac. Sometimes I even think it's worth the price. But deep in my heart, I think it may have something to do with the Microsoft Monopolistical thing. I've never really used much microsoft stuff.

18:39  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Dusty - the Toshiba was not exactly "cheap" when it was new. It was fairly advanced. It has a nice screen. It also came with a top of the line Centrino processor and shit. But it is not feeling too good now. I think it is about done dealing.

Fuzz - I think that the Mac hardware is overpriced - but the operating system is great. I could also install XP on it if I wanted to, or run Windows programs in the Mac OS. If I need to. I think my next machine will be a Mac.

20:19  
Blogger M@ said...

This has been another IT update with the Lazy Iguana.

I can't wait for my new lightweight laptop to arrive at work....

22:13  
Blogger M@ said...

Did you try that new free music service. Qtrax, I think it's called.

22:13  
Blogger Unknown said...

Qtrax is a dud. Their software isn't worth d/l'ing..not yet anyway.

They announced they have deals with all the music labels..and they don't, far from it.

08:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home