This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Economic Stimulus

It is time to create my own economic stimulus plan. I applied for some supposedly part time position at West Marine. I think it was "assistant manager" or something - but if I hear anything I expect it to be more in the line of "sales associate".

No problem. Whatever. It will just be part time anyway. Income supplementation. I am familiar with almost all marine products there are. I am not that up to par om sailboat shit, but how hard could it be to learn that? Plus sailboat people usually know their stuff, so all I would need to do is show them where the sailboat shit is and let them pick put what they need.

Then charge them the full price for it. And possibly collect commission.

Now West Marine is not always the cheapest place to get stuff. It can be, if the stuff is on sale. And it also may not be the most expensive place - compared to other retail stores. But there are a few locations in town, so they have convenience. That is worth something.

Regardless of all that stuff - there is one thing I will get out of the deal.

Employee discounts! Yes employee discounts! Now here is where it gets interesting. No telling how much stuff I can get this way. The employee discount on stuff on clearance could be a really sweet deal. And since I will be putting the stuff on the clearance table, I get first dibs on it.

Of course, the whole story leading up to seeking part time employment is long and somewhat crazy. I was picked for a full time position, but then someone decided that "you are selected" really meant "you are not selected". So while this gets sorted out I have just kept up with my temporary employment status. But that is getting slack now, so another part time job with somewhat regular, predicable hours will help.

And when the other situation gets resolved - I can still keep the other job. A few hours after the other job, or a few hours on one day off keeps me in the employee discount zone. Sweet.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger cathouse teri said...

Well here's hoping you get that cool job! :)

Hey, I need some music help again. Could you email me, s'il vous plait?

CT

12:13  
Blogger M@ said...

I'm really appreciating being employed right now. I'm going to try my best to keep it that way.

21:47  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Cathouse - sure!

M@ - I think some monkey business is going on. I have not given up yet. I still think I can win. But.....who knows.

23:42  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Employee dicounts can be good.
Around here the only things available are for 5 finger discount and include pens, tea bags, packets of hot cocoa, and bladder control products.

00:59  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

CM - You can make extra cash selling the bladder control devices to NASA.

01:02  
Blogger Unknown said...

I knew it was the employee discount that appealed to you dear Lazy ;p

14:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home