This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Along For The Ride

This is going to be one of those posts. I have no idea where it is going. Seriously. I got nothing.

But I am prepared! I have another Firefox window open so I can search for stuff. This could either be good or it could suck.

But first....FRED UPDATE!

As you may remember from yesterdays post, Fred the formerly fat orange cat got an infected eyelid. Or cat pink eye. Or something. I still think that one of the MANY Skipper induced cat squabbles caused the infection. Skipper's favorite cat game is called "harass the other cats". I have to admit, it is fun to watch. But I always knew that sooner or later the game would result in a visit to the vet.

Anyhow - Fred's eye is much better now. There is this goop I have to put in his eyes three times a day. Fred does not really like this too much but that is too bad. He gets the goop three times a day. Already the goop has really helped.

But then there is the other Fred issue. He had hookworms. Worms. So this means it is likely the other cats have them too. I have no idea where the hell they came from.

So I have an interesting choice. Choice 1 is to bring the other cats to the vet, resulting in another bill.

OR I can become a cat shit collector. I have to monitor the litter box, and wait for one of the cats who is not Fred to shit. Then collect it. Then take the shit in a bag to the vet, where I can have someone look at the shit under a microscope for signs of worms.

Or come to think of it - I have a microscope! I got it decades ago. It is a decent one - not one of those toy microscopes. I got it at a used medical supply place. Gross huh - used medical supplies? Anyway it is similar to the optical microscope used in high schools and freshman biology classes. Only mine is in better shape as nobody has tried to make a pot smoking device out of it. Yet.

I suppose I can dust that relic off and use it to check the cat shit myself. But then I would need some slides and other related microscope supplies.

I used to have all that shit. I decided to liberate it from back when I was in junior and senior high. I had a whole kit. Slides, covers, all sorts of dyes, and so on. I have no idea where any of it is now.

And why would I need a microscope? This may shock many long time readers but I was a strange person. I would look at a body of water and ask myself "I wonder what kind of microscopic critters are in there". So I would take various water samples (I would sometimes carry around plastic vials) from the water, the mud, and so on. Then rush home and prepare the slides to see what is in there.

I would also take samples from my aquarium filters and look at the stuff that would end up in there. A LOT of stuff ends up in an aquarium filter. All sorts of blobs that move around. Some move fast, some move slow. Some even look like worms.

Now we are back to worms. In at least one cat. So I have to collect the shit, bag it, then haul it to the vet.

So I have this wireless web cam thing. It was on clearance from Office Depot. The original price was $300. I can see why they could not sell them all! $300 for a web cam??? Shit for that spread I can almost get a REAL video camera.

I paid a whole lot less. Clearance items rule.

The web cam is wireless. I think I mentioned this. It will connect to the wifi router thing so I can view things through the camera without any wires attached to the computer. It also has a web server somehow included, so I can put the camera on the internet if I wanted to. I can also control the zoom, pan, and tilt. Pretty cool huh?

Litter Box Cam anyone? This way you can watch the boxes with me. Fun huh? Using the technology of advanced microchips and a vast worldwide computer network to watch cats shit in a box.

Do not worry - the wireless web cam is still in the box. I am considering returning it. But most likely Ill keep it. I suppose.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Hookworms are some of the more dangerous intestinal parasites for cats because they hook onto the intestines and drink up the blood! Tape- and roundworms are not as bad as hooks. But at least they are easily treated! A little bit of the poops are mixed up with a solution in a special little plastic device, and the worm eggs float to the top and can be viewed under the microscope.

12:26  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Daisy - maybe the worms helped Fatso lose some weight? I am an expert in all things related to cat shit. I have a factory that produces tons of the stuff every year.

15:00  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

It could be fun watching the cats shit without having to smell it. Isn't technology great !

17:29  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

So....one vote for the litter box cam?

01:29  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh hell yeah...hook up the web cam so we can stop by in the middle of the night and see if any cat is taking a crap!

Like I don't have my own herd to watch doing that live! :)

17:34  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Sometimes I feel like I am a cat shit collector as much as these furry lazy ass gluttons that I have crap.

12:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home