This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Consumer Gambling. And Rum.

As the day known as Christmas rapidly approaches, as few things run through my mind.

1. Should I get some spiced rum? Currently I have 4 different bottles of rum. Well three bottles and one flask. The flask of Pussers British Navy Rum was a gift. It is almost gone by the way. The other three bottles are Flor De Cana 7 year grand reserve (Nicaragua), Brugal AƱejo (Dominican Republic), and Mount Gay "sugar cane rum" (Barbados). The "sugar cane rum" is only called that in the US market - because the real name of "sugar cane brandy" can not be used because the stuff is actually rum and not brandy. So due to US labeling laws they can not call it brady. The Mount Gay stuff is a blend of varous aged rums.

Anyhow - this is a decent selection I have going. So why spiced rum? Why for eggnog of course! Also - I was thinking about a special holiday rum cake made with spiced rum.

2. My inner consumer is wondering about sales. Do I do on and just apply for the instant store credit at Best Buy and get a 40 inch 1080p TV now (for the pre-Christmas sale price) OR do I want till after Christmas and gamble that the price will be lower? I can get a 0% interest deal for 18 months now. So as long as the TV is paid off by then financing is free. I would have to read the credit terms to see what happens if there is a balance remaining after 18 months. It will either result in the full 18 months of interest being applied to the remaining balance, or the whole 18 months of intererst being applied to the original balance.

This is why one must read terms VERY CAREFULLY!!!

But really - with 18 months of free financing paying the thing off should not be a huge problem. $60 a month will pay off a $1,000 balance in 17 months. So $120 a month will pay it off in just over 8 months.

I did this once with a digital camera. I got 24 months of free financing for any digital camera over $300. I ended up with a top of the line Sony and paid it off in 6 months. Not a bad deal really. I sent off $100 here, $50 there - whatever I felt like.

On the other hand - is it that big of a deal if I do not get movies in Blu-Ray format? Standard DVDs have been working fine.

And lets say I do end up with a fancy high defination TV. Ill need a fancy Blu-Ray DVD player. Prefably one that up-converts standard DVDs. And if I am going to get a Blu-Ray DVD player do I want the one that will allow instant streaming from Netflix, or do I get the Sony PS3? I have been able to resist the whole PS3 craze so far. So cave in now? Quit when I am winning?

And when will it be cheaper?

Choices choices.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Decisions, decisions.

08:34  
Blogger Doozie said...

Do you need the 40 incher? As your age advances, do you have difficulty seeing the screen?


good grief doooood. just get it. you only live once, and we're all gonna die eventually, might as well enjoy life while we can. You can always sell your bone marrow to pay the bills

19:21  
Blogger Doozie said...

ps, wheres the santa hat pic?

19:22  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Fuzz - exactly. If I needed the thing then it would be easy. But the truth is NOBODY needs a 1080p television. Really. I do not even know why they were invented. What is wrong with a standard color set?

Doozie - I keep looking at sets. And then the "what is $50 more" syndrome sets in. You can almost ALWAYS get something just a little better for $50 more. So next thing you know you are looking at $1500 sets. Well hell - that is too darn much to spend on a brain rotting device. I would be better off just buying $1500 of pot - I could do almost as much brain rotting in 1/2 the time. Its all about efficiency!

By the way - you should check your comments.

20:27  
Blogger Doozie said...

You look like you're kind of a tall drink of water...how tall are you? At least you look relaxed, love the lights on the boat. Looks like FUN

20:27  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Drivers license says 6 foot even. Or maybe it says 6 foot 1 inch.

Anyhow that is about right.

I scooch down when walking past the measuring device on the 7-11 door, just to mess with people.

21:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://mapivyxiq.ibnsites.com/pavepyl.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

09:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin earning with a sum that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

09:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home