This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Amusement

St Patrick's day always amuses me.

Every year, everyone seems to really want to be Irish. Now I live in Miami - a city of transients. You do not really run into a lot of people born and raised here. But you will find people from all over the place.

And even among those born here, they consider themselves more Cuban or Mexican or Colombian than anything else.

And yet, on St Patrick's Day you see a lot of people wearing shamrocks and wearing green - and of course drinking.

So why is this amusing? Well it just is. You see, nobody ever wants to be Mexican - not even on Cinco de Mayo. On MLK day, how many people want to be black for the day? And how about that Eastern Orthodox Easter! Everyone wants to be Greek or Russian or whatever on that day huh!!

No??? Nobody even knows when Eastern Orthodox Easter is??

Interssting.

But yet, one day of the year I set to see Cubans wearing green, drunking green beer, listening to "Irish" music, and so on.

But not me. I am drunking stout. Drinking green beer in Ireland will just get you a well deserved ass kicking. And while it seems that at least some of the people I come from were Irish, not all were. And what does it matter anyway?

But I think I know what is really going on. It really has nothing with wanting to be Irish, and everthing to do with an excuse to drink. This is why Cinco de Mayo is gaining popularity. Mexican Independence Day? Who cares about that!! Just keep the beer flowing. Corona is 2 for 1 after all!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Got so busy I didn't even get to that bottle of Guinness I was saving.

18:41  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

That is a shame. But the Guinness is still there and probably still tastes good!!

02:14  
Blogger Unknown said...

I drank Cosmo's for St Paddys day...is that wrong? ;p

12:13  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

It was just as tasty the next day.

17:52  
Blogger Unknown said...

The only experience I had with green beer happened in 1992. I drank one whole hell of a lot of it, plus cactus juice. I ended up spending the night curled around a toilet--literally. The next day on my way home I ended up puking behind a 7-11. I have never drank green beer or cactus juice since then.

10:20  
Anonymous Hard Drive Repairs Surprise said...

Hi nicee reading your blog

19:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home