This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Cold, Fizzy, And Golden In Color

Beer is good. Not everyone likes it, this is true. But those who do not like beer have probably not ever had real beer. Most of the crap available in America is just that - CRAP! The King Of Beers??!!? Do not make me laugh! Coors??? Might as well put a shot of vodka into a pint of water.

My overseas readers already know this. Who in Europe buys American beer? Nobody, thats who. Nobody except maybe for American tourists. Why ANYONE would go through the trouble of going all the way to Europe to drink Budwieser is beyond my grasp. Unless you are in the Czech Republic and are drinking the REAL Budwieser (pronounced bud-var I think).

This part is for my readers in Europe. Next time you see some idiot from the USA drinking crappy American beer, do them a favor. Set them up with a pint of ESB or a good IPA (thats Extra Special Bitter and India Pale Ale for my American readers).

You would never catch me drinking swill. Hell, a good part of why I want to go to Europe is for the beer. German beer. British beer. Dutch beer. Pilsners. Ales. Stouts. Lagers. Porters. Wheat beers. WINES! Oh do not let me forget about the wines. Napa Valley makes some top notch wines right here in the USA (California to be exact), but I would imagine the wine selection overseas is pretty good.

But the beer selection would be better.

Now there are some places where one can go for good beer in America. One such place is only a few miles from my home. I went there tonight. They make their own beer, right in the resturant. I had a bitter and a barley wine.

In case you are wondering, a bitter is not really bitter at all. Who knows how the beer got its name, but they are LESS bitter than an India Pale Ale. For that matter, they are less bitter than a regular pale ale.

Anyway, at the place I go to I hardly ever order the bitter. I do not know why really. It is good stuff. But I usually end up going for the IPA or one of their seasonals. They also make a rye beer that I like a whole lot.

Anyway, good beer is something I truly enjoy.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

L.I. You are a man after my own heart, you would have a ball over here in Europe. Can I also recommend Fuller's London Pride, Timothy Taylor's Landlord, Theakstons and Black Sheep from the Masham brewery. We do have our rubbish as well, keg beer served as cold as lager and yes unfortunately some Europeans do drink Bud.

06:54  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

The only thing I don't like about beer overseas is that they often serve it warm. Don't get me wrong, I drank it that way...but if I'd been a little braver, I would've asked for ice. ;o)

07:57  
Blogger GodlessMom said...

I quit drinking standard American mass-produced swill a long time ago. I also started brewing my own a long time ago (my homebrew is kind of hit or miss but occassionally I really come up with a good one.)

Like you, I find that if you want a really good American beer it is best to stick with the micro brews. Why do I get the feeling you would really enjoy Hofbrauhaus in Munich?

08:09  
Blogger A Little Bar of Soap said...

Beer is the Devil's beverage. Try MILK!

11:27  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

LBOS, Milk has it's place, no doubt. Warm with a little vanilla extract and a spoonful of sugar. Mmmm.

Iguana, bagpipe music???

12:14  
Blogger TLP said...

Aral 3P, my husband, and I went to Oktoberfest in Munich in 1991. Great festival and all about BEER.

13:49  
Blogger Jane said...

saurkraut some beer is supposed to be served warm! Because it has flavour and body. General rule fo thumb the colder the beer is served at the closer it is to piss.

19:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, james went down with the ship! i love titanic but i guess james and i are the only ones in our clan that seem to like the place. everyone else bitches about it and wants to eat aisian stuff. blah i say!

21:22  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Titanic is great. I do not get the hang up from the rest of the group.

I think the dinner group just likes to bitch. The food at the place is OK, the memu prices are reasonable, and the beer is made in house. But nobody in the group knows crap about beer except me.

00:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home