This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Calling Bullshit

I am pretty good at calling bullshit. "Calling bullshit" is when you say "bullshit" when you hear something, as opposed to saying "that might be true" or "that could work". Here are some examples of things I have called bullshit on.

1. Pat Robertson claimed to have invented a magical potion that allowed him to leg lift 2,000 pounds. I call bulshit on that one. If I were to bitch slap Pat him and his 2,000 pound lifting super body would run away crying.

2. The Segway was going to "change human transportation forever" and that "cities would have to re-design streets and sidewalks". I called bullshit on that one.

3. Nukes in Iraq. I called bullshit on that one.

4. People with handheld laser pointers blinding pilots. I call bullshit on this too. I do not think it is possible to track an object moving as fast as a jet with a handheld pointing device. I can not even keep my laser pointer steady on an object not moving at all and only 50 or so yards away.

5. Conspiricy theories. I call bullshit on them because I find it unlikely that the same government that can not keep a simple domestic spy program a secret could keep alien bodies in a McDonalds freezer a secret. But it could explain why Chicken McNuggets come in exactly three shapes!

6. Anything James Dobson (Focus On The Family) has to say I call bullshit on.

7. Remember "Mission Accomplished"?? I called bullshit on that. I remember yelling things like "what a F$#%ing LIAR!" and "Why not just tell us that the moon is made of cheese?" at the TV when that famous banner was put up on the aircraft carrier.

I could go on and on. My powers to call bullshit on things are without reproach. Every so often I do call bullshit on things that turn out to hold some amount of truth, but for the most part I am usually proven right given enough time.

And yet - people still doubt my abilities. This is why humanity is doomed to keep making stupid little mistakes. Once my abilities are accepted by all, I can pooper-scooper at least 20% of the bullshit off the front lawn of the planet.

14 Comments:

Blogger Lila said...

That's a great list! Good for you!

I called bullshit when "My Sharona" came out and they said The Knack was going to be the next The Beatles.

22:54  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

The Knack as the next Beatles?

I do not know if calling bullshit or laughing out loud so hard I pee my pants would have been the right move to make.

00:32  
Blogger Lila said...

RABBIT, RABBIT!

00:33  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

OK, I initially fell for 2 and 3 (call me naive). But that's what leads to why I'm buying more into 5 than I used to. As for 6, he's mostly wrong, but sometimes useful when it comes to idiots who don't know the first thing about parenting. I don't advocate violence against children but his updated book looks a little less awful.

14:34  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

14:35  
Blogger The Devil Uno said...

I never doubted you, not once EVAR.

15:41  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Saur - I can walk about as fast as a Segway can drive. And my legs did not cost me a couple thousand dollars, and they do not need a recharge every 5 or 6 miles. Plus, Americans do not want to STAND! We want to sit. And we want AC. And we want to go 80 mph.

Devil Uno - I have a feeling that you could help me rid the world of more bullshit than I could get rid of on my own!

20:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Blogger, a real useful blog.Keep with the good work.
If you have a moment, please visit my automobile insurance codes site.
I send you warm regards and wishes of continued success.

21:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my automobile insurance laws by state site.
Good luck!

11:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my bc car insurance quotes site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

06:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Searching for Travel Guide?
We have collected together in one convenient place a wide assortment of Los Angeles Travel Guide information.

02:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

book border hours storehttp://www.bordersbookstore.infoEvery one is entitled to be stupid, it's just that some abuse the priviledge.book border hours store

19:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

borders express book storehttp://www.bordersbookstore.infoIf practice makes perfect and no one is perfect, why practice?borders express book store

21:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

borders book store locationhttp://www.bordersbookstore.infoA train station is where the trains stop, a bus station is where the bus stops, on my desk i have a work station.borders book store location

20:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home