This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Stupid Terrorists!

Today was my sort of day off. I say sort of because I was supposed to work today. My real days off are Sunday and Monday.

But as it turns out Sunday is a fairly busy day. So I was able to change my Sunday off into a Saturday off. But then I volunteered to come to work for a shift today because of the security alert thing.

At any rate, my day off turned into a work day. Overtime is not all that common where I work. This is good because I can never get used to the overtime pay - but it is also bad because it means I can never count on it either. But I did not really volunteer for the overtime. I signed up because people were asked to.

You know the story of everybody, somebody, and nobody. Everybody thought somebody would volunteer, but as it turns out nobody did. EVERYONE knows that story. So I was nobody today.
But I was just going to piss my day off away anyhow. had planned on going out in the boat. But there was a problem with that plan.

1. The boat has a 40 gallon fuel tank.
2. I usually burn at least 1/2 a tank each outing.
3. Gas is back over $3 a gallon.
4. Gas only accounts for about 3/4 of the cost of using the boat - I also need to buy beer and ice and food and stuff.

In other words I can either work OT and use the boat later OR not work OT and not really be able to afford to use the boat.

THANKS FOR THOSE NICE STABLE OIL PRICES PRESIDENT BUSH! For the cost of fuel ALONE today I could buy fuel AND beer AND food last year. At least it seems that way. Who can remember one year ago? It was so long ago.

Maybe I can use the boat next week. Right before my cruise. With today's overtime I can swing it!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah dude, I hear ya! Same thing happened to me this weekend at the bus station where I work. I had a lot of over time stacked up cleaning the bathrooms over and over. Damn terrorists! Now everybody is afraid to fly and is taking the bus instead! Now I can't get the smell out of my work clothes and skin! We janitors need to demand compensation for these long weekends and terrorist attack alerts!! Hope your OT pay is worth it! Do they at least give you work clothes with working in an airport?

Amos

19:14  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

My work clothes are silk and wool suits. The only difference in me and a pimp are my suits are not red, yellow, bright green, purple, or sky blue.

21:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! altezza tail lights for oldsmobile alero Mercedes 240d car stereo removal Life roulette savings Breast cancer cure natural meternitydresses clearance Circuit breaker maintenance video blackberry redirector no pin generic phentermine tablet orange Lentes contacto acuvue Andnot car cd ebay gps radio porsche manufacturers porsche 911 c4 cabriolet 34 gambling keno online sport book http://www.free-gay-picture-9.info/buttvideolinks.html Gmc truck kits 1984 porsche 928 www.capital one credit card online payments Samoa school 50 mg daily didrex cause positive drug test Addresses phone

17:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

09:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home