This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Crazy Lazy

Today was a kind of crappy day, which made it a good day. It was pretty much what I needed.

The smoke is back. It is lingering in the air. Like a fart in an elevator. Unlike a rank elevator fart I think I am used to the smell. I do not notice it anymore. But today the sun looked more like the moon. The haze in the air blotted it out. You could look directly at the sun without it bothering your eyes.

By the way, in the Iguana Links there is a link to the most current fire map.

But the smoke is here because of a stiff wind. And this stiff wind whipped up some nice whitecaps in the bay. This is where it gets good. I wanted those whitecaps.

Needless to say, the water test of the power cat went well. They do ride as nice as everyone says. The boat went right up on a plane, no problems at all. Usually the bow pitches up, the boat makes its way over the bow wave, and then the bow settles down. Cats do not do this. They do not push their way over the bow wave. They cut through it. The boat just rises out of the water and goes.

So anyway, long story short I have a new cat. The financing company liked the ride as much as I did. So it is here now.


As part of the water test, I took her into the wind and chop at all speeds from idle to full throttle. No problems. The ride was much nicer than it would have been in the old boat. No bouncing around at all. I also took the cat into a beam sea. A beam sea is the WORST conditions you can take a boat into. When you are running a "beam sea" it means you are running parallel to the wave lines. The waves hit the boat along the side. The boat handled it without a problem.

Running a following sea was fun really. The boat just skipped along like nothing.

The old boat will outrun the cat on glass smooth water. The old boat can top 40 mph, while the cat reaches a top speed of about 35 mph. But under all but the absolute BEST conditions, the cat gives a better and drier ride. It really is amazing how the thing runs.

Oh one other thing. The turns. The cat can turn tight. And the boat does not lean in a turn. It turns more like a car with VERY stiff suspension. You can turn and throw everyone on the boat over the side. So I have to remember to turn slowly and gently. At least until I get used to the way the boat feels underway.

Now begins the process of removing some things from the old boat and placing them in the new boat. Like the on board battery charger. And the marine cassette player / FM/AM radio. Yes cassette player. I use a satellite radio tuner on the boat - so that means I should probably remove the satellite radio antenna. And some other things.

More pictures of the power cat once I get it back in the water.

And I need a name for the boat. I was thinking of some cat theme names, but they all suck.

1. Cat Box
2. Toxoplasmosis

That is it. But "Cat Box"? Talk about a shitty boat name! Cant really get shittier than Cat Box! And Toxoplasmosis is just as bad. It is too long, and a disease to boot. Another bad boat name. Might as well name it "artificial reef" or something. The previous owner called the boat "Seagull". I may just keep that name. It is already written in the hull. Seagull is the name of the company that made the boat. But I have some ideas for another name that is not shitty or a horrible disease.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

Congratulations, it sounds like she performed wonderfully even when it got rough.

I've been thrown out of 2 boats in my life. The back pole seat on a Boston Whaler and then from the back set of a cathredal hull Manatee. The Manatee one was painful because I hit the side of the boat first.

I flew to Tallahassee this week and observed the smoke from the air, if you could stretch your neck about 8000 ft the air is clear.

11:48  
Blogger Daisy said...

Wooohooo! Congratulations on your new cat! She is very beautiful.

13:17  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Awww, someone named that poor boat Cat Box? Quick, name it something at least halfway decent! Seagull is nice. As long as it isn't Seagull Shit, which would be on par with Cat Box. Or Elevator Fart.
Our wildfires may not be as bad this year. My brother is a firefighter and has just started wildland firefighting. He's an experienced structural firefighter. He's in Arizona and has already gone on a couple wildland fires this year.

14:11  
Blogger TLP said...

Good lookin' boat!!!! Can I have a ride?

If I had a boat, which I never will, and I wanted a cat name, I'd name it Pyewacket. That was the name of Kim Novak's cat in the movie, "Bell, Book, and Candle." The cat is a witch.

14:54  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Caiman - the power cat is really nice. Everything they say about them is true. EXCEPT for the myth that they "rock more" than a regular boat. That is bullshit. If anything, they rock about the same as a regular boat.

Daisy - the new boat is really nice. Only a foot longer than the old boat, but it feels like a much larger boat.

CM - The boat is going by the name "Seagull" for now. I am considering changing it to something else. Maybe.

TLP - "Pyewacket" would fail the "huh?" test. If you have to explain the boat name to people, then that sucks. Cause everyone will ask.

I kind of want to have her painted with in a WWII "Flying Tigers" theme and call her "Floating Tiger". But then I would need to deck mount some machine guns and the cops would keep harassing me.

15:46  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

I know you probably have a date tonight but I found one of my Jap rifles and posted a picture of it.

18:33  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

My sister lives at Bradenton and says the smoke is bad there.

20:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Name ideas:

No Catnap
Cool Cat
Fat Cat
A wet cat is a wet ?????
Cat Nip
Cat's Eye ( http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/2004/27/image/a )
The Cat Boat (The boat Batman found catwoman in)
Lucky Cat
Wild Cat
Pussycat
The Wet Pussycat
No Seagulls Allowed
Mad Cat
Cat in the Hat

22:51  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Fuzz - the entire state is covered in smoke. It is really something. I can never remember this happening before. Not even something close.

Book - Wet Pussy is far too obvious.

00:29  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Tidy Cat! Nice! I also thought up "9 Lives" just now.

Maybe if I paint the hull gold and blue and name the boat "Panther Pride" the university I graduated from will throw me some money? I doubt it. But it would get me in the alumni magazine.

15:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

since she turns on a dime and leaves you nine cents change, call her Penny

21:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a wild ass suggestion but how about the Lazy Iguana. I think that is about as perfect as names get.

Congrats on the boat by the way.

11:38  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Congratulations on the new addition !!

Here's a name ... MEOW !! What'd'ya think !?!?!

Enjoy.

Take care, Meow

03:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home