This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Stuff On Saturday

You may have noticed I turned off autostart on the Iguana Music.

MOVIE REVIEW! The Good Shepherd.

This is a cold war CIA thriller. And it has all the elements a cold war era CIA thriller should have. The Skull and Bones Society. Russians. Spies. Germans. WWII. British OSS. The Bay Of Pigs. Castro. Cuba. All that Cold War pissing contest stuff.

But - not really my kind of thing. The "action" is kind of slow. Just like in real life. Spies are not like James Bond - they tend to live much more low key lives. And intelligence gathering is also fairly dull.

I found the movie to be somewhat dull. And the movie is long. Ill give it three tail whips, and that is only because the story is good. But the pace is just too slow.

I do not plan to go to the Air and Sea show. I concluded that it is just going to be too crazy out on the water. It is going to be a nice day out on the water - but there are going to be a lot of people out. A large percentage of them will be idiots. I just do not want to deal with it.

FUN QUEEN FACT!

Did you know the Queen can help you remember Morse Code for the letter "Q"? Well she can! And here is how.

THIS is the letter Q in audio format.

Written it looks like this - - . -

Long long short long. Or "dah dah dit dah".

BUT it kind of sounds like "QUEEN QUEEN the QUEEN". The words in all caps are the "longs". So when you hear "dah dah dit dah" think QUEEN QUEEN the QUEEN and then the letter Q pops out. See how easy that was? Now you know one letter in Morse. The rest of them are just as easy to learn.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

I saw The Good Shepherd a couple of weeks ago and have to agree with your review. A little long and slow. And it seems like the kind of subject that could have been really interesting. Have you seen House of Sand and Fog yet? It is several years old, but really good (I thought).

06:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too agree with your review, and due to the dullness, I was unable to complete the viewing of the movie. I consider my time is money, therefore, I can't waste it. I should probably not waste money either but I do

12:52  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

Long and dull I'm glad you reviewed it and not me.

I haven't thought about morse code in a while. Is it still used outside of cheating on multiple choice tests?

14:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use morse code everyday in my operative job. I'm bored, so I'm drinking a cold Kokanee on your behalf. So you are drinking vicariously through me

19:28  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Daisy - I have not seen the House Of Sand And Fog, but I think it is on my list

Ba Doozie - My time is only valuable if I could be doing something else that I get paid for. Most of the time, that is $0.

Caiman - Morse Code is still used by a few things, none of which are important.

BaDizzy - I wondered why I was not that thirsty today.

21:32  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

If it's long and dull I should get it. It might help me with this insomnia problem, at least until I actually wanted to WATCH something.

09:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home