This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday Fun

Here it is. Friday again.

I have to take the truck in for the 60,000 mile service. They are going to do all sorts of crap to it. In addition to the oil change I think there is a radiator flush, transmission fluid change, new spark plugs, and all sorts of shit.

Unless I get lazy and fail to bring the truck in. If this happens then it will have to be sometime next week.

But I hate going to the evil dealer for auto service. For one, the coffee machine is always empty. And when it is not empty the coffee sucks ass. And they only spring for two boxes of donuts, which are quickly consumed. There is a nice LCD hi-def TV in the waiting lounge, but there is no cable service. So you can watch The Price Is Right. In low def. You can hardly even see Bob Barker's wrinkles.

So I hate going in for service. Usually I can not find anyone to follow me to the place, so I end up having to wait. And it takes so long. The only good part is that a Flannagin's recently opened near the place. So I can go there and get beer and chicken wings while the wrench monkeys take two hours to change the oil.

But this time it will be different! I hope. I think I found a patsy to give me a ride while I am truck-less.

I will be at the public boat ramp Saturday. Not to launch the boat. I have to go there to do safety checks. It will be a fun time, because you get to watch the madness as people try to get boats into and out of the water. It is usually entertaining. If I am lucky I will get to see a fight.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

I don't take my vehicles to the dealer for servicing just because they tend to rape you in the ass price wise but when I take my vehicle other places for servicing, I always ask them to give me a ride to where ever I'm going. I've never had them refuse. Of course, I then have to find a way to get back.

08:13  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

The truck came with this coupon book of scheduled service. So it does not cost anything. In theory. In reality they added about $800 to the price of the vehicle. Maybe it was less. Anyway, the 60,000 mile service is the last thing in the book. From here on I do the stuff myself.

09:59  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

Oh I'm jealous of your Saturday boat ramp fun. It is so entertaining. I use to have a house on the water in St. Pete and I use to love watching the crazies coming in after the 4th of July display. Sometimes I couldn't stop laughing.

Do you wear a sombrero out on you boat?

14:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, sounds like your dealorship sucks ass. Mine is so nice and organized, with plenty of coffee and smiles for all. And even a shuttle service should you want it.

I'm amused just thinking about the public boat ramp. Fights would not happen if idiots would learn how to put their friggin boats in the water during a time when it is not crowded. Let's not be teaching the wife how to back a trailer during peak rush hours...K?

19:02  
Blogger Jenn said...

Ed needs to be honest about how he feels about dealerships. Just let it out, you'll feel so much better.

~grins~

I went to the dealership once and it was not pretty. It involved a horrific grinding noise, me leaving with the thing grinding away (think chalkboard style) and accidentally peeling out in the driveway.

I promise I don't have road rage issues.

19:47  
Blogger Jenn said...

PS. Just think positively, it could be low def. on a black and white screen.

19:48  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Caiman - I may just bring a cooler with beer. It really can be fun. I do not have a sombrero, but I do have a tilly style hat.

Ba Doozie - I did manage to scam two cups of free coffee. The best coffee is always free.

Emma - Kendall Toyota sucks major ass. I hate that place. But it is the closest Toyota dealer so I go there. But not anymore. Now I am out of coupons so I do the oil changes myself from here on out.

WEST MIAMI POLICE SUCK DONKEY DICK!

21:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, Ed seems to have trouble letting out his feelings, He might need to take a class or something on how to express your true feelings

22:30  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I have problems expressing how I really feel. Can't you tell?

23:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reason the donuts are gone are because the slime bag sales people eat them. When they say the have to go talk to the sales manager to see if he will accept your offer they really just go get some donuts.

10:26  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Sounds like the sales people are training to be West Miami cops.

The only training the car lot can not provide is "hiding behind a tree" skills.

16:40  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I've been going to the same mechanic for the past six years. He's a lot better than the evil dealer with the bad coffee and stale donuts. His aunt runs the restaurant across the street from his shop so I go there for good coffee and a real breakfast while my car gets worked on.

05:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home