This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

What Was I Supposed To Remember Today?!?!

OH yea, Mother's Day! I remember now.

I hope everyone got all their Mother's Day supplies. If not, you could be in deep dog doo doo. Ma wiped your ass and cleaned up your barf when you were a baby. The least you can do is get a friggin card!

Anyway, this year I get off easy. Last year my dad had to work. I did too for that matter. But I told the people at work "no way am I staying here for any overtime! Forget it! I have more important things to do! Fire me if you want, I do not give a crap!".

NOTE - none of that actually happened. I did not have to stay for any overtime. I forgot when I left the office but it was still daylight. I am thinking 6 PM? Something like that. I made dinner reservations at the historic Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables. At the Courtyard Grill. It was pretty nice. The hotel is was built in 1925 and opened in 1926 for a cost of $10 million. A shit load back then. And it is grand! The Roaring 20s were going full blast. It is something right out of The Great Gatsby.

Anyhow, that was last year. This year my dad does not have to work. So mom is going to see "The Lion King" at the Miami Performing Arts Center. I am going to weasel my way out of going. It is not the movie, it is some kind of musical Broadway style deal.

Not to be confused with "The Lyin' King". That is a totally different show.

Both these links are a little dated, but they go back to the Disney Movie. That was a long time ago. They are still kind of funny I suppose.

So I get to not go see the musical. This is not so bad. I probably did not want to see it anyway. Musical theater is not my thing. But mom likes that crap. So she gets to go see the show. Because it is her day.

I get to stay at home. Pulling stuff out of the old boat and transplanting it to the new boat. Here is a partial list of things that need to be transplanted!

1. The marine AM/FM/Cassette radio. Yes cassette. I got the thing for $25 brand new. And it was made for boats. The radio is built into a waterproof enclosure. It was so cheap because it was being closed out. Everyone wants a CD player now.

2. The satellite radio antenna and antenna mount thing, along with the power cable and stuff for the satellite radio tuner

3. The on board marine dual bank 10 amp battery charger.

4. The cool battery caps that allow me to fill the cells with distilled water without having to pull the batteries out. I just stick a tube in the distilled water jug, and pump this hand thing till the ball is hard and the cells are full. See how easy that was?

5. The good speakers I bought. The not as good speakers in the new boat will go back to the old boat. Otherwise, there will be big ugly holes in the old boat.

6. The mount and wires for the chart plotter.

7. The mount for the VHF radio.

8. Maybe some other things. Like the fish finder. It depends on how hard it is going to be to pull the cables for that thing. But then there are holes in the transom to plug up and stuff - so I might just get a newer fish finder. A little better one. I am leaning towards the Humminbird 737.

Thus the cycle is complete. While I will sell the old boat, and it will go away to live with someone else, part of it will live on in the new boat.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Wow, dinner at the Biltmore last year?! Woohoo. I hope your Mom has a happy day today.

Have you seen Cocaine Cowboys? We watched that last night, and it was very interesting. It's a documentary about the rise and fall of the cocaine drug wars in Miami in the late 70's and early 80's.

06:54  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

Good to hear you're taking care of Mom.

Your old boat is going to be naked by the time you get done with her. You might want to donate your old boat to FIU.

Don't forget to knock up someone soon or you'll have no one to take care of you when you're old.

15:18  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Daisy - The Biltmore is a swanky place. The pool is huge. I have never seen a pool that large before. I want to go crash it one day, but I am too old for that crap now. I missed my chance. I thought "Cocaine Cowboys" was about a man born in New England into a very wealthy family who decided to be a "cowboy" and buy a ranch in Texas then hire people to run the ranch for him so he could spend all his time drinking and snorting cocaine. Guess I was wrong huh?

Caiman - the old boat will have some goodies in it. Like an anchor. And I will probably leave the raw water wash down pump on it. And the fish finder will most likely stay put. And I will throw in some spare navigation side lights I never got around to installing. Oh yea and the boat has a decent cover. It will also come with 4 life jackets, a nice fire extinguisher mount, a spare prop, and what the hell - I might as well throw in the stainless steel BBQ grill. And your choice of old VHF radios. I have three to choose from at this point. They all work fine, they just do not do DSC.

15:55  
Blogger Jenn said...

Cocaine Cowboys? Wasn't Heath Ledger in that?

Alllriiighteee then.

Do you ever get stuff on Craigslist.com down there for your boat. You could pimp it out in style for under $20 but I think if it's on Craigslist you might have to do some "favors" in lieu of...oh then again, never mind.

If I lived in Florida I would come and see your new boat. I love the sea.....

17:35  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Emma funny you mention Craig's List. I found the boat by a listing on Craig's List.

That Craig guy is not so bad after all. Ill take him fishing if he pays for the gas.

GAS, GRASS, OR ASS! Nobody rides for free.

NOTE - due to the employment situation no grass will be accepted. This policy shall remain in place till I retire or laws change.

21:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you hot? because I'm not going to donate grass...and gas is stinky and or expensive, so it will have to be the latter.

as for the cassette player, apparently "everyone" does NOT want a CD player because YOU did not want one and you are included in "everyone". I think you should put in a cd changer. I have one that I pulled out of my boat when I sold it, if you give me your address and a picture so I can see if you are hot, I will send it to you for free plus postage

21:08  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Ba Doozie, I run with Sirius Satellite Radio. CDs are sooooo 1990. Tapes are sooooo 1980.

All I really wanted was an AM/FM marine radio. The rest I can take care of.

Oh yea, I am going to get a 4 channel marine amp so I can hear my tunes when I am running.

23:52  
Blogger Econo-Girl said...

Hey.

08:05  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

And the winner for the shortest comment ever goes to.........

13:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home