This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Got Nothing, So I Will Post About Comments.

Meow asked about christening the boat. I do have a thing planned. I will take a traditional ceremony and modify it slightly. The main modification is going to be substituting beer for champagne. I am not a big wine person anyway.

I will "score" a beer bottle so it will break easy. Then I will fill the scored bottle back up with beer and cap it. The beer will have to be flat for safety. The new boat has a stainless steel plate on the bow, perfect for breaking a bottle over. I may have to go through many bottles before I score one without it breaking in the process.

I may also have to arrange for a renaming ceremony. You are "supposed" to ask King Neptune to remove the old boat name from his records, and wipe the old boat name from his memory. Then you rename the boat, and ask King Neptune to enter the new name into his records and memory. Then you wish for fair winds and calm seas. Then you christen the boat with its new name.

Whatever beer you do not dump overboard (to please King Neptune and his court) you get to drink. But King Neptune does not mind very much. He is cool like that.

Or you can skip all that crap and just say a few things, dump beer on the bow and deck, and be done with it. Whatever floats your boat so to speak.

And there seems to be some confusion about my government issue socks. They were not olive green. They were a dark navy blue. Almost black really. And they were this wonderful blend of cotton and polyester.

MOVIE REVIEW - We Were Soldiers. what can I say here? It is another war movie. The movie is based on a real battle in a real war. The first major engagement for US Troops in Vietnam. In 1965. I have seen a lot of war movies, so it is really hard to tell how good the movie was. The movie is based on real events. It is not gritty like "Saving Private Ryan" but it gets the point across well enough.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger cathouse teri said...

I don't know King Neptune, but I am aka as Queen of Sheba. So I could be there, and while you break the bottle of beer, I could throw pretzels!

16:09  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Pretzels do not count as "marine pollution". So They could be tossed overboard. Something would eat them, probably the birds. But then the birds may shit on the new boat.

16:15  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

Then I'll throw jewels.

17:50  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

Personally I'd ditch King Neptune and go right for Ariel.

Hamburger hill was the battle that should not have been fought. Too many boys died there needlessly.

20:45  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Isn't that the one where the first sergeant make some uncomplimentary remarks about Gen Custer ?

21:15  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Caiman - the problem with half fish half chicks is that the wrong half could end up being the fish part. That is no good. None of the battles of Vietnam "needed" to be fought. 60,000 fewer Americans would have died over there.

Fuzz - I believe one of the lines in the movie called Custer a cat.

02:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least you recognize the freakin difference between dark navy blue and black

02:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guy who sells boats as a hobby says..
bad luck to rename boat per many an old sailor

22:31  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Ba Doozie - I know my colors. And I know to check my socks under very good lighting. Otherwise you end up looking like a spaz with one black sock and one dark blue sock.

Anonymous - To rename a boat requires a proper denaming / renaming ceremony.

03:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home