This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend Recap

Well I hit rock bottom. I am reduced to drinking a Bacardi Silver. Yea, things must be bad. But it is my fault. I allowed myself to run out of Sam Adams Boston Lager. I have no idea how long the Bacardi Silver has been in the fridge but the bottle cap had some rust on it. I think someone I took out on the boat last summer (at least, maybe longer) took a 6 pack on board and did not consume them all. There are some rust stains on the bottle, and the twist off cap would not twist off. But hey, it still has fizz! So it must be good. And if I get violently ill, Bacardi has money. Ill wrangle a few grand from them. Assuming I survive.

Mother's Day went over well. I gave ma the card and stuff. I did not have to go see The Lion King. After the play was over the parents went to Outback so I showed up. I screwed up by having a Coopers Sparkling Ale. Then another. But when I get home I want one more and all I have are the ancient emergency Bacardi Silvers.

I pulled almost everything out of the old boat! I got something done today. Amazing. I pulled out the wires and shit for the GPS chartplotter. I pulled out the satellite radio antenna and all related equioment. I pulled out the VHF radio mount and microphone hanger thing. I pulled out the marine stereo. I pulled the two good speakers. I swapped the Quik-Fill battery caps out of the old boat for the regular battery caps in the new boat. The Quik-Fill caps are nice. With them installed you can add water to the battery cells without having to pull them out. And I removed the on board automatic battery charger. Oh yea and the boat hook. I need the boat hook. Kind of. I have never used the boat hook, but I still need one. I do not know for what. Maybe to club someone with or something.

After removing all the stuff I added, suddenly the boat wiring does not look so scary. I need to do a better job with the new boat and not be such a slack ass. Bare wires wrapped around the battery terminal with an in line fuse attached is not the right way to do things. It works, but it is not right. I need to be more careful to use proper crimp connectors, and run everything to the main fuse block.

And there was some serious heavy duty boat bonding going on. I dropped a floor locker hatch on the new boat onto my foot. Skinned the top of my right foot a little. So now my sock will stick to my foot. No beer was involved. A boat is not yours till you bleed on the deck. But I did not bleed on the deck. The foot skinning was not bad enough. So that means I will do something else even more stupid at some point. I can not just cut myself on purpose - the blood letting has to be an accident to make the Boat Gods happy. So you never know when it is going to happen. That is part of the fun.

But all was not fun and games. There is no place to mount the on board automatic battery charger. So I will have to put the thing in the center console space and then run wires to the batteries under the deck. It is going to be a pain in the ass, but it has to be done. Keeping the batteries topped off makes them last longer. They are 100% charged and topped off with distilled water. Life is good.

I still need to remove two of the speakers from the new boat and transplant them to the old boat. Then put the speakers from the old boat into the new boat. And then figure out where to mount all the other crap I pulled out of the old boat. I also need to transplant the GPS antenna, and remove the official galvanized steel John Deere beer bottle opener. The beer bottle opener was a gift and MUST be transplanted. All the other crap was optional.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Running out of Sam Adams is blasphemy. I usually keep a spare bottle of Glenfiddich and some ice on hand at all times. (I think it's a mom thing..) Have a couple of those before going on board and you would have a right good bloodletting that even C.S. Forester would be proud of.

02:37  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Yea I know. Totally my fault. I should have bought more when I was down to the last 3 or 4. I buy Sam by the 12 pack now. I save a buck that way. There is plenty of time to injure myself on the boat. I may not even need alcohol.

19:52  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

I always eat so much at Outback I have to pay a waitress to wheel me out. Glad you took good care of mom.

That boat is a lot of work. Don't forget the Rebel Flag for the stern light. I never go out on the water without one.

22:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought you had some special way of opening beer bottles, whats this I hear about some wussy opener?

22:48  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Caiman - the only flags I have are the International "Alpha" flag (international symbol for swimmer in the water), the "divers down" flag, or the Stars and Stripes.

Or my pirate flag.

Ba Doozie - the special way to open a beer is for emergencies only. I am still out of beer. I am too lazy to go get more. I suck.

23:51  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hope the foot's OK !!
A new boat needs to be christened ... what way do you guys christen boats ??
So, are ya gonna call it MEOW ???
Have a great week.
Take care, Meow

03:06  
Blogger Michael said...

I like run, but Baccardi Silver? Lazy, you should've just broke down and picked up some more Sam Adams...

One nice thing about Israel is the beer. Not the local beer (that's worse than American domestics; scary), but the Danish and German import beers. Very good.

Still, I actually do miss Bell's Beer... It's a Kalamazoo microbrew; very very good.

10:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as i type team metro is using their vast satellite array to take pictures of your yard. they will be sending a neighborhood extortion team to hassle you about boats and try to fine you for leaving a bottle cap unattended on the sidewalk.

18:08  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Meow - I have a ceremony planned. It shall involve beer. I am not a wine kind of person.

Michael - I have never heard anything about Israeli beer. I guess there is a reason for it.

Anonymous - bring it! All Team Metro fines against my place have been challenged and thrown out.

00:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home