This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Mystery Solved

I found out why the check card quit working.

It seems it is all because I needed gas. So I go to gas station A and insert the card. The machine asks for my PIN number or billing address zip code or whatever - then told me to "see attendant". I did not want to see the attendant, which is why I was paying at the pump in the first place. The attendant is a pain in the ass. First I have to walk alllllll the way to the cash register. Then say "fill up on (pump number)" and leave something with the attendant so I do not gas and dash. Then I have to fill up. Then I have to go back in to pay. Then go back to the truck.

So I bail out of that dump! And off to the BP. The BP pumps turned on for me, but they were pumping slowly. Very slowly. This means the tanks are almost empty and I was pumping the last of the gas. This is how you get shitty gas in your vehicle. The scuzz at the bottom of the tank could get into your tank.

So after a whole whopping 10 cents of gas (did you know you can pump that little?!!?) I shut the pump off, got my receipt, and bailed.

Gas station number 3 was all right. They let me pay at the pump without waking up the attendant, the pumps were not working slow, and so on. So $50 later the tank is full and off I go. I was REALLY low on gas!

Visa detected fraud. Three gas station charges in less than 10 minutes. So they shut off the card. But now it works. I know this because.......

I bought some beer. I will need this beer for the weekend. I intend to get the boat wet. The forecast is still crappy, calling for a 20 - 25 knot winds on Saturday and 10 - 15 knot winds on Sunday, with bay waters choppy in exposed areas. But the power cat is designed for this. I do not want to go offshore, but the chop in the bay I can deal with. Sunday looks more promising than Saturday. But in either case I will need beer. Samuel Adams Summer Ale - the official boat beer of 2007.


So yea, the card is working again. I called the bank and a nice human helped me out. It is good that someone is paying attention to strange activity on credit cards. Of course Visa is not doing this for me - they are doing to to protect their ass. I have a $0 fraud liability thing with the bank. So if someone does steal my card I do not loose any money. Visa and the bank loose it. So are they looking out for me or them? What do you think?

The gray cat has an unofficial name. Skipper. This is a good name for a little gray cat. If I can get Skipper used to going out on the boat it could be a good thing. Lets say I am stopped by the water po po. They ask me "who is the Skipper?". I can point to the cat and say "Skipper, the Mullet Patrol wants to speak to you". Then I can go back to drinking beer. Was I operating the boat in an "unsafe manner"? Hey - take it up with Skipper. He is in charge of the vessel you know. I am just the pilot. He tells me what to do.

So yea, this could be fun. Or it could get me clubbed like a baby harp seal, waffled in the back of a police car, then thrown into jail.

I have not yet hired a cheese head to get me out of having to do the traffic school thing. I am considering my options still.

There is a NEW ADDITION to the Lazy Iguana Evil Arcade. The twin engine boat docking simulator! It is not a very good simulator, there is no wind, no current, and the boat does not seem to drift very much. Also even when you have both engines in the same gear the boat seems to move off to one side. I guess the twin screws are not counter rotating! Anyway see if you can dock the boat using nothing but the engine controls. No rudder! You do not need it with twin screws.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I was shocked when I paid at the pump at a local Albertsons and then got the text message on my phone that $100 had been approved at Albertsons! I called the company that holds the debit card and asked why. They said that the money that wasn't used at the pump would be returned to my card in the next couple of days, that this was just a default and if I wanted to avoid it in the future to go in and pay the attendant. But I like you want to avoid the pain in the ass of paying the attendant!
Either way, buying fuel is a pain in the ass!

04:25  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Yea. That is a "pre approval". It is fairly common. Automated systems like gas pumps request a fixed amount from the credit card company, then refund the portion that you do not use.

Usually the hold on the money is released quickly.

08:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$50 later your tank may not have been full. The BP near my house only lets you pump $50 and the pump shuts off. That won't fill my tank. They dude inside said I you come inside and give the card there is no limit something about it being a high crime area. WTF?? It is a residential area and according to the online police reports there was one house broken into in the last year withing 1 mile. If found a work around. After the pump shuts off I just stick the card back in and start over no problem. What a bunch of idiots.

09:55  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

I think they do it because it makes fucking sense!

I like my card. It only has to approve $1. :)

Love the Skipper name for the kitty kat! Give him a slobbery kiss from the queen, will ya?

(Did you know that a female cat is referred to as a queen? We all know a male cat is a tom, but a girl gets to be a queen! Imagine that!)

Meow.

12:37  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

I pretty much tore that boat up, Luckily I had my bumpers out. It's so fun watching people dock. One time I watched as a Dude was reaching for the dock his knee went down on the accelerator throwing him out and the boat smashed into a seawall. It was a new boat too.

I had the gas stations cut me off once. I considered burning the station down but I was in a hurry.

13:25  
Blogger TLP said...

Whoa, you've been up to a lot lately. I see that I have to read you every day.

Pay the fine, unless going to school helps for insurance purposes. Time is more important than money.

We'll soon have less than 600 days of BUSH! YES!!!

17:41  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

Does this mean, they get a short term interest-free loan on your account ?

17:57  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Pumper - the BP on Miller and 107 ave sucks ass. They cut you off after $25. With today's prices that is like 4 gallons. Filling up a boat there sucks. The Marathon gas station on Turd between 97th and 92nd ave do not have a limit. If they do then it is more gas than will fit into the truck.

Teri - I had no idea a female cat was called a queen. I use debit at the pumps (and whenever possible) so there is no pre-approval.

Caiman - the docking simulator is not the best, but it is the only one I can find. I do not have twin screws on my boat so I can not dock just using the throttles. Bumpers are important.

TLP - I am always up to something. But not always.

Fuzz - the pre-approval does not give anyone a free loan. The money never really leaves your account. A "hold" is placed on it, and until that hold is released you can not spend it. It just sits there.

18:05  
Blogger Daisy said...

Skipper is a very good name for your new little buddy!

18:48  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

I am just worried that this makes me Gilligan. Maybe I need to name the little cat Gilligan so I can be the skipper.

21:28  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh the visa people are sooooo looking out for YOU, I'm sure of it. they are like that. kind, considerate and willing to go the extra mile just because they want you to have their little card, and to be really happy in life. I just love the visa people. they are so generous!!!

22:42  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Ba Doozie - You clogged up my keyboard with sarcasm ooze. Good job!

00:00  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Wow, that's pretty good work by the Visa People ... I'm amazed !!
I like the name Skipper for the kitty !! You don't have to be Gilligan ... you could be Professor, or one of the others !!
Have fun with the boat on the weekend.
Take care, Meow

09:39  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

I think it's insane that so many people know so much about Gilligan.

And I love the news that Lazy Iggy is up all the time. ;)

13:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home