This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Nobody Wants Mr. Bojangles

Kitten update! The little gray kitten is still here. All my attempts to give him away have backfired. He is still small enough to fit in his kitty hideout - which is an empty box that used to contain 12 cans of seltzer water. He can eat dry food now so that is good. That wet cat food stuff is just vile nasty gross shit. The extra cans I had were fed to Max the lizard. Max lives in the backyard. I do not care if the food stinks something awful as long as it is not in the house. Max's next lizard crap is going to be horrible. Worse than a brown pelican crap.

The gray cat needs a better name. I might have to open up another name the cat contest.

I got the radio installed in the boat. So that is good. Tomorrow or the next day I will install the GPS, and connect the GPS to the radio. Then all I need to do is get the fish finder / depth sounder thing and I will have all the electronics I plan to have installed. Except for the stereo. I need to find a place to put that thing. Somewhere out of the way. I replaced all the old speakers with Pioneer 2 way speakers. I ordered 2 new ones, and pulled the other 2 off the old boat. I took two speakers I did not screw up from the new boat and swapped them to the old boat.

The speakers in the new boat were cheapo marine speakers. I destroyed the cheap plastic grill on one of them (it was brittle from exposure to UV light or something) and the other speaker got messed up when one of the screws got stripped during removal and I tried to drill it out and the thing got hot and melted the plastic. But two survived - which is exactly the number I needed.

I also need to remove the GPS antenna from the old boat, and transfer it to the new boat. And while I am at it I might as well pull the cigarette lighter plug thing, and the power connector for my amateur VHF/UHF radio from the old boat.

Anyhow - everything is almost ready. I want to splash the boat sometime this weekend.

Now for the lawn police issue. I do not live in the Shitty of Riviera Beach. Which is a good thing. Even if my lawn was not brown, I would paint the shit brown in protest. I think that ALL lawn watering in South Florida should be illegal year round. Really. People can start to be smart and collect rain water. They make these plastic things that look like wooden barrels. You attach these to the down spouts of your rain gutters. They each collect 55 gallons of water (or more). Use THAT water for your lawn / plants. A homeowner can set up a system to hold 1,000 gallons (or more) fairly easy. A good rain shower would fill the system up. A pump with PVC pipe running to each collection barrel would move the water. And if the collection barrels run out? Well guess what! Clearly God does not want you to water the lawn! So the lawn police can just fine God. Good luck collecting.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Oh, I think the little gray kitten has already found his home! ;)

08:31  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

Too true, daisy!

Doesn't he have a name? Isn't it Mr. Bojangles? I guess you could just keep referring to him as Littl Gray Kitten, and call him LG for short.

I had a little orange tabby and my ex hubby named him "Five Ball."

08:38  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

08:38  
Blogger Jenn said...

You could name him Moby Dick. Moby for short.

Good seafaring name.

13:34  
Blogger TLP said...

What's wrong with "hairball" as a name?

I like today's music.

Good luck with getting folks to conserve water. People are too selfish for that.

16:29  
Blogger Jandi for The Fuzz said...

My Daughter has some of those glorified rain barrels. I guess they work OK. You can even take a shower under your rain gutters if your neighbors aren't too nosey.

20:25  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Daisy - in theory the little gray cat is still looking for a home. Need a little brother? He is gray and loves to play. And chew on humans.

Teri - Mr. Bojangles is not really his name. It is just what I call him for now.

Emma - I have a feeling the cat hates the boat. And the ocean.

TLP - once the water restriction police hit the streets in force, people will comply. I will turn people in.

Fuzz - something has to give. Uness the natural flow of the Everglades is restored - there is not going to be enough water for people and green lawns. We will have to make a choice. I vote for people.

Rain barrels to collect water for lawn watering use is something people who want green lawns need to consider.

21:00  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

I have no use for cats. I know we use to toss the baby ducks to the alligator in the lake.

Sounds like the boat is coming together. I went out fishing this past weekend and caught a goric. I plan on cooking it.

22:15  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Caiman - I want to get a set of bright ass LED underwater lights for the stern.

23:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no name suggestions cause you never take my name suggestions ;(

01:48  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Ba Doozie - the last contest was rigged. I was going to pick Cleo.

Kristen - That is a good name for a little gray cat who likes to chew on bare skin.

14:01  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

I have no use for a man who doesn't like cats.

Cats are like women. A man who doesn't like cats, likely doesn't like women.

20:05  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

The cats are OK. All they need me to do is feed them and scoop the box.

16:54  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

You probably are stuck with the little monster. I live too far away from you for you to appeal to my love for cats. Ha ha!
I featured Ogden Nash on my Departed People blog. (http://departedrealm.blogspot.com)
He is the one who said
"The trouble with a kitten is that it usually becomes a cat."
To paraphrase, and I think it was him...I've been up since 7 this morning and it's now 2:30 am.

04:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home