This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Things To Think About.

Memorial Day. A three day weekend. And this year, I question how it should be celebrated.

On one hand, this is the day we remember those who served in the Military to defend the nation. Many died. So it is a solemn day.

On the other hand, the "traditional" thing for many people to do is get drunk and have a BBQ. Go to the beach. Have a backyard party. Go to the park. It is considered the first weekend of the summer. So many people take this three day weekend as a chance to get loaded and puke.

So is this proper? There is the whole solemn day thing, but there is also the fact that people can get blind drunk and vomit all over the place BECAUSE of the end results of the sacrifices made by others.

I don't know. I guess people will just do what they want to do. I am probably one of the few people who even think about this. Most people just take the three day weekend and party - and never think much beyond that. Having brain cells can suck sometimes. Other people can just blissfully cruise through life without ever thinking of anything beyond what MP3 to download in to their I-Pod next. But not me.

The Wellcraft is for sale! Photos of the boat are at www.lazyiguana.org/wellcraft18. Click away. I only put up a few photos, I may add more.

I also put an ad up on Craigslist! You can see it by clicking HERE! The ad worked, someone is going to come by and look at the boat today. It is in good shape. I would take it out and use it myself, but I got the 19 foot power cat. The ad says I will put the boat into the water for prospective buyers. And I will. It runs great really. I will consider all offers I consider reasonable. The asking price is of course not 100% set in stone.

Craigslist is pretty cool. It is free to post crap there, and I got a response pretty quick. I found the new boat on a Craigslist ad, so I guess selling the old boat on Craigslist is somehow right.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Good luck with selling the boat. We are going to put ours on the market soon ... think I might try eBay !!
Take care, Meow

03:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use craigslist also...

so I enlarged the pics of the boat. It's weird because the two pics side by side, when I click to enlarge they are reversed. so If I want to see the motor enlarged I have to click on the other picture. I clicked so I could check out all the crap you have in your yard. I saw a hitchall, a boat anchor, some pvc pipe possibly from your bike rack project, a potato gun, some weed killer and other yard stuff, and some other things that need to be thrown out. Do I win something?

11:33  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

Meow - the guy who came by liked the boat. I will let him have a water test this week. Whenever he wants to go.

Ba Doozie - you are pretty good! You got the hitch hauler / bike rack and boat anchor. The PVC scraps are scraps from all manners of stuff. All of it needs to be thrown out. Except the hitch hauler and boat anchor. The plastic gas cans are also good.

12:06  
Blogger United We Lay said...

I've lost a few friends to this war, so I'm spending the day getting druck and trying to cope with their loss. Probably not the healthiest way, but it makes me feel better today.

17:20  
Blogger Dave said...

The Lazy,

I wouldn't think you'd have any trouble selling that boat. It has nice curb appeal. That Merc looks good.

Happy Memorial Day.

20:45  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

United - We all do what we have to do.

Caiman - a few people have called or emailed me about the boat. One guy came by to look at it. He may water test it Wednesday or Thursday.

Acitonbell - the weekend was OK. I took it easy. The major project was finishing getting the old boat ready to sell.

22:25  
Blogger The Exception said...

I was one of those people who never thought twice about Memorial day until I was exposed to Rolling Thunder. It is amazing to see thousands of people, from all walks of life, gathering to remember and honor.

13:58  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I never go anywhere on Memorial Day because of the number of people who consider it an excuse to kill your brain cells and then go driving.

20:36  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

The Exception - I used to not think about it either. Then one day (I do not remember when) I did think about it. Every year since then I wonder what is the proper way to spend the day.

CM - there are drunks on the road every day. I know what you mean though - there are more out on holidays. I hope the taxi cabs are busy.

01:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home