This page best viewed with

A Book By CM. Click To Get A Copy

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

No Rights Reserved. Take Anything You Want, But If You Steal Any Text Link To Here.

Send Your Hate Mail To

........

Greed:High
 
Gluttony:High
 
Wrath:Low
 
Sloth:Very High
 
Envy:Low
 
Lust:High
 
Pride:High
 

Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

King Gambrinus - Patron Saint of beer.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Doomed

My night shift ways are about to doom me. You see, the night time is the right time. Left to my own devices, I would never see the sun. The sun is over rated anyway. It is very hot. And bright. And it gives you skin cancer. The moon is your friend. It is not hot, not bright, and can not give you skin cancer. See why the night time is the right time now?

Of course, being a night shift kind of guy causes other problems. Everyone else insists on doing stuff in the day. And they insist you do not do stuff at night. Take something simple like mowing the lawn. Now for me a great time to do this is 2 AM. But when I try, pain in the ass neighbors call the cops because of the noise. But when they mow their lawns at 9 AM when I am trying to sleep - well that is just fine. What bullshit in that? Ill tell you what kind of bullshit that is - the stinkiest kind.

So how can I function on the night shift? Well you see, work was canceled when school ended for the summer. Now of course one day work will begin again. And I am seeking other employment opportunities. That whole process is going along. At least I hope it is. Who really knows these things.

Anyhow, regardless what happens the odds are stacked against having a night shift. Option A simply does not run at night. Option B operates at night - but only sometimes. And to get the night shift on a regular basis I have to do battle with people who I can not possibly do battle with because you know how it is. When you are the new guy at a job you can not just go up to someone else and say "yo dude - I am working your shift from now on, so deal with it". Because the other guy will just laugh at me. And then I will have to go to option C - or the "move to Alaska and work on a crab boat" option. And I do not like that option. The water up there is really cold. I do not deal with ice very well unless it is in my cocktail.

But this is not the point. The point is something. OH YEA! I am doomed.

For you see, here is the deal. I am supposed to go out on a boat today. Not my boat. Another boat. A larger boat by 13 feet. And on this boat I have tasks to do, it is not a pleasure cruise. There will be no beer, no fishing rods, no swimming gear, or anything like that. This is pure boat handling / boat crew stuff.

The boat leaves the dock at 11 AM. I have to be at the boat a little early, because I am supposed to help figure out how to tow the beast. I will be dealing with this no later than 0930.

It is currently 0200. I woke up at 4 PM. So needless to say, I am not very tired right now. I will be tired at around 0900 or so. Which is when I have to be somewhere.

See what happens when you are a night person living in a day shift world?

0540 update! You may notice another thing on the blog. New and improved Iguana Music! The old Iguana Music code is still there, because I am too lazy to save it. The new and improved Iguana Music thing contains a playlist! Yes! And none of the songs are actually on any webspace I personally own - so I can not get sued! Awesome!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

The music is good. Good deal.

I love daylight. Not the heat, but the light.
Night is okay too of course. Never worked at night. Might be fun.

10:38  
Blogger Blank said...

Hey, I'm getting in on a get-rich quick scheme sent to be by some Nigerian.... Do you want his email address?

11:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there are many options for mowing your lawn at night, although I rather doubt you really do mow your lawn. You can get an electric mower that makes very little noise, or you can use scissors. You could also use like a flowbee thing. You could use a flamethrower and just singe off the top of the grass. I am sorry I don't have links for any of these items, I'm not good with that, it takes time and time is not only relevant but it is in short supply and also time is money. So I must bid you adeui as I have an appointment to get my hair mowed.

12:22  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great Music..I am setting up an account on that site, thanks sweetie!

And as for being a night owl..I know the feeling well. Its hard to be a night lizard in a world of day people ain' it?

I have to realign myself all the time..or I would be sleeping all day and up all night.

I feel your pain Lazy :( Good luck on the job front.

13:07  
Blogger Jenn said...

Nice player. I'm glad you liked it, as you can add your own or pick something else.

To resize it like I did, just check the code over and every time you see the WIDTH size of 450, change it to 225 (for the one like mine) or bigger if your heart so desires.

You can add me as a friend too.

http://www.pplaylist.com/user/11628602

16:44  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

TLP - I have a collection of flashlights. I also carry spare headlights in my vehicle. My tail lights are LED so they will never burn out.

Nvisile - disregard the Nigerian opportunity. That is me. I did not know that was your email address.

Doozie - the lawn has to be messed with from time to time. So that happens in the late afternoon. Like the last few hours the sun is up.

Dusty - Skipper does not help. He sleeps all day and then attacks feet all night. Makes it hard to sleep really. So Skipper and myself keep the same hours.

Emma - I have not had the time to mess with the code. Sooner or later it is going in the sidebar. Ill add you later today.

13:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home